Parents Official word is in--moving to level 8

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

C

cathiann

We had the meeting this past Saturday with Beth and her main two coaches. They both say there isn't any question about her moving up, so she's happy. Apparently the changes mean level 8 will be easier?? Her female head coach said that it'll be nice for those that struggle, but it'll be less of a challenge for Beth--nice to hear they think so much of her :).

Sad to hear that one of her level 7 teammates is quitting though--she's going to HS. She did struggle this year, but had made it to State and finished strong. Small level 8 team next year (3 or 4) unless some of the current level 8s don't move to 9 (they all want to, but the coaches don't think they will all have the skills--guess we'll see!).

And next year we might only do ONE travel meet (because of rising costs)--definitely going to the Chicago meet though!!

The bummer--they said they're only taking 8s that make the Super 8 team to Regionals (since it's a flight this next year rather than a drive). I was bummed--i'd pay to have Beth compete as I think Regionals for the first time is a big deal. Making Super 8 is a possibility, but not a strong one LOL!

Congratulations on going 8! Bummer about how they'll be doing Regionals though, maybe they'll change their minds on that.

Good luck in the training season.

Congrats to your gymmie on moving to 8!!!

We usually only do 1 flyaway meet too. Last yr we went to Chicago, but HC said not this yr. I don't think we could get as lucky with weather in Feb, like we did this yr. Besides we are already in the cold in Feb and would love to go some place warm.... :p

Congrats on moving to 8! What is the Super 8 team? Is that something your gym does? Does this mean even if your DD qualifies, they wn't take her if she is on a Super 8? At our gym, if you are an 8 and you qualify for Regionals, you would go.

Congrats to Beth on moving to level 8. Paige is also going to Level 8

What a bummer about regionals however. I think it is a big deal t go to regionals and sad if she would qualify and cant go. Maybe they will change their minds.Our coach has said nothing about regionals we will have only 2 level 8's maybe 3 and 1 Level 9 so we will see how it goes.

Congrats again it is a huge accomplishment. DD is way bummed about the rule changes also. Should be interesting to see what level 8 looks like next year.

Great news. I would tell her coaches that you respect their decision but that if they reconsider their decision over the year you would love her to go to regionals. They might reconsider if there are others in the same boat.

Congrats on moving to 8! What is the Super 8 team? Is that something your gym does? Does this mean even if your DD qualifies, they wn't take her if she is on a Super 8? At our gym, if you are an 8 and you qualify for Regionals, you would go.

The Super 8 team is something that Regionals does--the top 8 gymnasts (regardless of age) at level 8 State make it on the Super 8 team--they compete against the top 8 gymnastics from the other states in our region. NOt sure if other Regions do it that way (we're region 4). The last few years our team has had one girl each year make it.

Great news. I would tell her coaches that you respect their decision but that if they reconsider their decision over the year you would love her to go to regionals. They might reconsider if there are others in the same boat.

I'm thinking of doing that. It would be a shame for her to miss it, if she does qualify. But I'm getting way ahead of myself LOL!

Congrats to your gymmie on moving to 8!!!

We usually only do 1 flyaway meet too. Last yr we went to Chicago, but HC said not this yr. I don't think we could get as lucky with weather in Feb, like we did this yr. Besides we are already in the cold in Feb and would love to go some place warm.... :p

Yeah, coming from Minnesota it's nice to go somewhere warm for a travel meet (like Floriday this year--that was so NICE!), but the Chicago meet is always fun. They're taking everyone this year too--4s through 10s!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back