Ok.... I’m injured, but should I quit?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

L

Lilbear

So I have done gymnastics for 4 years now. 2 rec and 2 competitively.this year a was a Xcel silver that had all platinum skills(they wanted me to compete silver before I did platinum). Anywho, I ended up with tendinitis in both knees before the end of the competition season. The last meet I cried in between every event because of how bad my knees hurt. ( And I’m about to brag, sorry). Some how I still got a 1st, and 2 3rds. But this year I’m starting to lose interest. Every time I go to practice my knees hurt so bad that I cry. My coaches always tell me that I should stop if they hurt... but then I’m supposed to either do conditioning or just watch. And tendinitis never really goes away unless you wait for it to heal completely, which means doing nothing and praying(and that doesn’t always work) that there is a miracle and that it heals. Which is what I did bc of the while corona thing. AND I DID FOR THREE MONTHS! And then it came back. So I’m not having fun anymore. But my parents have done so much for me for the sport. And they are telling me to work through it until my dr appointment which is next week. But then they still want me to try. I wanted to do horse back riding since I did it before gymnastics. Which is basically pt for my knee bc of strengthening all the muscles around it. But I still feel bad for leaving. I don’t know if I should stop or keep going. I know more people have had experiences like this so I’m begging you! Please help. I still have no clue what to do.

13. I also wear knee braces whenever I can but they never really helped. So now I just use a strap.

Thank you for your honest answer. For your safety and ours, you must be 16 to join the Chalk Bucket. You agreed to this when you registered for the site as age 17. Goodbye

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back