Off Topic Ok men - i need help!!

• Thread starter Deleted member 1703
  • Start date

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

D

Deleted member 1703

It is exactly one month to Christmas and I have absolutely no idea what to get my husband this year.

So.........calling all men

What particular item you want for Christmas

OR

what is the best gift that you have ever received?

gift for a man

Best gift i ever received was when i left a coaching job i had for 8 years, almost all of the former students came back and took the other coach and i out to a five star restaurant for a wonderful supper and evening out of just talking and reminicing.

Now, in my opinion the best gift i could get from someone who i love and loves me is some special time alone, nice night out, just the two of us, letting each other know how much we love, rerspect, and appreciate each other.

Don (61 yrs young in a few weeks)

Here you go (below items are in order of cost...least expensive to most expensive):

1. BEER (good beer....Stone Brewing Co. is one example)
  2. Gift Certificate to a local butcher shop (NOT the grocery store. Someplace that knows steak....here is the one by me....http://www.hausofprimemeats.com. Remember, good PRIME steaks are $20+ and KOBE steaks are more than that.)
  3. Season tickets to the his favorite team
Other random stuff:

Hope that helps a bit.

Ok, I get it, beer and meat and a night out.

Thanks guys!

Best gift i ever received was when i left a coaching job i had for 8 years, almost all of the former students came back and took the other coach and i out to a five star restaurant for a wonderful supper and evening out of just talking and reminicing.

Now, in my opinion the best gift i could get from someone who i love and loves me is some special time alone, nice night out, just the two of us, letting each other know how much we love, rerspect, and appreciate each other.

Don (61 yrs young in a few weeks)

Yes...a night out at a great steak house (Mr. B's - A Bartolotta Steakhouse - The area's premier steakhouse located in suburban Milwaukee in Brookfield, Wisconsin) with great beer...just talking...eating great steak and drinking great beer.

Not a man (obviously) but I know all the men in my family (trust me....I have more uncles then I do aunts, cousins, and grandparents combined!) and they usually just like a night out with either wife or family. Also handmade gifts. I make comics for my dad (sometimes they reveal a gift that we might need him to know about, for things online).

Not enough info.
What does he do? What hobbies does he have? What are his interests? What's the budget? I mean, if I got something like...oh...a new car... I'd be pretty happy!

My wife and I don't exchange gifts during the holidays. We save all that for the kids. She also knows to never buy me tools, and I won't buy her clothes.

My best gift ever? She said YES when I asked her to marry me 10 years ago.

Now that's sweet. We also do not exchange gifts, we buy the kids stuff but try hard not to be wastful, it is too easy to buy just for the sake of buying. Though we do buy ski passes etc and that alone is a big investment.

I would maybe think of a romantic night away for both of you. I have had some lovely weekend trips with hubby that have been a gift for both of us.

I would maybe think of a romantic night away for both of you. I have had some lovely weekend trips with hubby that have been a gift for both of us.

Ohhh.. I like that idea...and I'll bet hubby would too. Make it so you decide everything and ALL he has to do is GO. Now THAT's an A+ gift!!

Another idea:

At one time here in the U.S. , you could buy "Bahama's for a day" fling vacations. Basically two round-trip airfare tickets, they fly you to the Island early in the morning, you spend the whole day, and they fly you back that same night. Price was something like $150 a ticket. It was a way to fill up the seats, so availablilty is always a factor. (Hint to you young single guys... THIS makes a very memorable and rewarding 2nd date!) Trust me! :wink:

I'm sure in the UK, the Bahamas would be a bit much... but you could check to see if there are "Malta for a day" tickets. You may be surprized. Malta is only a 2.5 hour flight from Gatwick. Beautiful beaches... warm sun... How could you go wrong??

You have to be careful with buying guys their toys like buying gals theirs. Never pick out a baseball glove unless you have already heard he wants that one, therein lies the trick. A guy might think a certain fragrance or perfume will be awesome with her only to find she'll never use it.

To be safe, either find out what he really wants or gift certificate. Same goes with beer, though I'm sure most men would love to play with a home beer brewing kit ( though the femmes may not enjoy the smell ).

Goals for next year...get a gf to buy me a quarter of beef...mmm.

Or just package up a few of his favorite steaks or order some Omaha or Kobe steak that are vaccum sealed. Hmm, I think I just came up with my dad's this year.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back