WAG Ok, who LIKES their coach??

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I love my coaches! I can always talk to them about anything and I wouldn't be in gymnastics if it wasn't for them! However, the coaches at my old gym... Well...a little harsh and they put moving up/big skills in front of safety. Didn't stay there very long. But the coaches. I have now know there limits, our limits, and how to help us be the best we can be.

I loved my old coach on her last day no one could stop crying as we had her for 5 years and had such a great bond, she still comes to visit us occasionally and we talk on social media.
My group is still getting used to the new coaching style of our new coach

I have a great deal of respect for DD's coaches. They have been great role models for DD. And, the gym has done a great job of putting the right personality coaches at the right levels. DD had the huggy, warm, fuzzy HC for preteam. For L3, she had the big sistery HC who worked them a little harder, but still played and had fun with them. The L4 HC is no nonsense and works them hard. But, she rewards them with working fun, future skills when they work hard. She doesn't make them all the same - the girls that work for it get the rewards while those who slack get drills, etc. I think my DD is unlikely to "like" her the same way she did her previous coaches. But, she definitely appreciates that she draws the best out in her.

DD loves her coaches at her current gym! Coaches at old gym were great people and great coaches for some kids, but HC's style did not work best for my daughter as she got into optionals. Luckily, we found a good match at the current gym and it has made all the difference!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back