Okay, yes, ANOTHER brag from me about DD's Meet

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Canadian_gym_mom

Proud Parent
I have been here all morning, browsing threads, replying where I think I have something meaningful to say, debating whether to post this. I SO DO NOT want to be the mom you are all rolling your eyes about, but I am so proud of the way DD performed at her meet this past weekend. After the fiasco at Gymnix I really wanted to tell you guys about how she pulled it all together and did her very best!

To add to the drama, the meet was in a diffferent city, and our Google Maps directions were WRONG. We went through the city 3 times, and were almost an hour late for registration! She was in the backseat crying her eyes out thinking we weren't even going to make it. But they were running late and it all worked out, we made it in time. Apparently the location wasn't showing up on GPS so a ton of people were late, including dd's coach!

She did so great. Met all her goals she had set. Stayed on the beam. Did not go over the top on her handstand on bars. Stuck her floor landings and bumped her vault.

I have explained the way the scoring works here in Ontario before, but for 7 and 8 year olds they get a certificate with seals for each event and all around. It depends on the level what the score limits are. Well DD earned Silver on Bars, Beam and Vault and a Gold on floor! Her scores were: Bars: 11.1, Beam: 11.35, Vault: 11.4 and Floor: 11.65.

I think the feelings she had and lessons she learned from Gymnix really motivated her to perform and do her best.

Thanks for reading and not rolling your eyes, lol. I promise not to brag any more until she competes at the Ontario Championship for T & T.

P.S. I am going to post the Youtube links down in the Invited Brags section in case anyone is interested.

:)

Brag away! I see nothing wrong with listing your daughter's accomplishments and being stoked about them. As parents we sacrifice so much and we watch our kids sacrifice so much. Enjoying the success they have is great, IMHO. Continued success in the future!!!

This was a hard-fought victory for your DD and you have every right to be proud. I'm so glad you shared! My heart was breaking for your daughter after her last meet, and I'm so glad she came back from that fiasco stronger than ever!

I never roll my eyes at the people who share their child's ups and downs. Some posters lives seem to be filled with only "ups" and sometimes that requires an eye roll or two. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Awesome! I will look forward to watching her video. It sounds like she pretty close to the "gold" cutoff on the other events!

Thanks everyone! I appreciate the kind words and encouragement, during the tough times as well as the happy times!

It's nice to have a place to talk about the real aspects of being a gym mom, real life people don't really understand the same way.

:D

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back