WAG Old (2003ish) USAG Level 5 Floor music?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

adult?gymnast

Coach
Gymnast
Hi all! I was wondering if anyone would know where to find or perhaps has a copy and would kindly share the USAG Level 5 compulsory floor music prior to 2005? My teammate (we are college club gymnasts) was looking for it and could not find it online or on YouTube. Thanks!

It’s hard to remember because in that cycle they changed the music halfway through the cycle but you could use either the old or the new music. I want to say the video above was the first version of the music which started in 97, because I did level 5 at the beginning of that cycle, and that’s what I think I used. Anyway if you look at videos from after ‘01 they still might be using the first half music. So I guess it depends which one you’re remembering from ‘03.

Okay here’s an example. You can hear the two versions of the music in this video of a level 5 session in ‘03-‘04. My recollection is that the music playing while the gymnast in the video is on beam around 50 seconds, and the one she does her floor routine to, was the “new music”. But at the beginning of the video you can hear that some people are using the other one (which I recall being the “old music”).

It’s hard to remember because in that cycle they changed the music halfway through the cycle but you could use either the old or the new music. I want to say the video above was the first version of the music which started in 97, because I did level 5 at the beginning of that cycle, and that’s what I think I used. Anyway if you look at videos from after ‘01 they still might be using the first half music. So I guess it depends which one you’re remembering from ‘03.

Okay here’s an example. You can hear the two versions of the music in this video of a level 5 session in ‘03-‘04. My recollection is that the music playing while the gymnast in the video is on beam around 50 seconds, and the one she does her floor routine to, was the “new music”. But at the beginning of the video you can hear that some people are using the other one (which I recall being the “old music”).

I was competing compulsories during that time too and in the Shawn Johnson video & the music at the very beginning of the video you posted sounds like the music from the 97 cycle. The music the girl in the above video does her floor routine too sounds familiar, but I'm pretty sure it was the version that came out in 01.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back