WAG Old competition leotard

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Jard.the.gymnast

Coach
Gymnast
What do you do with old competition leotards/uniforms? Do you sell them? If they can't be sold (if your design is discontinued for example), do you use it for practice? It is just hanging in the closet?

Her first one I saved. Next one got passed along to some one at the gym.
Likely to do the same with the current one.

She has them all hanging in the closet. We change them every 2 years, so no passing them along.

It is neat to see how tiny her first leo was compared to today.

Saving them all here too. They are all hanging in DDs closet. Fun to see the size and style change over the years.

I have thought of putting the first one in a shadow box with medals from that year, but have not gotten to it.

We passed OG's first leo on to YG when she moved up to team. OG was already on her 2nd one (actually, when she needed the new one, I got 2 because of family drama).
5 months after we passed the little one down, we found out they were getting a new design because our design was no longer available.
We had the 2nd one for 2 years. The middle of the 2nd year, we had 2 girls join team. The design wasnt available, so HC asked me if I happened to have an old one in the right size (which I did, so we let one of the girls use it). When I got it back, which I really never expected, the velvet was completely worn so it was unwearable.
When we got our 3rd team leotards, YG wore OG's old one for practice. I eventually let LSS wear YG's old ones - first and 2nd ones.
I recently sold them (when I had to get the 4th style, I took the old ones to the gym to sell).

My ORIGINAL plan had been to save them all to hang up on "Senior Day" (Last home meet senior year) the year they each graduated, but that ship has sailed, lol. I do still have their old warm ups ;)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back