Parents Olympic gymnast scores when they first started as kids.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Hi there Is there any place where you can see the scores of Olympic gymnast when they were little, like 6? I’m trying to show my kid that most people dont get it perfectly the first time. I saw a mom say we could see Jade Carey’s scores but I could only find her upper levels. Is this possible to find? Or maybe some you tube videos. I have looked but can’t find their videos from level 4 or lower. Thanks so much!

Mymeetscores.com may have some of them. They were not big back in the early 2000s, when a lot of these gymnasts first started out.

I was the one that mentioned Jade’s scores in another post. They are on mymeetscores but she changed gyms so you need to click on her “Oasis Gymnastics” scores. Grace McCallum also wasn’t a superstar winning everything early (she also changed gyms I think). Of course there are others, like Kyla Ross where you’ll see she won almost every meet. There are many paths up a mountain.

I guess I can't really find any really low level stuff.

Not sure... I would love to see that though so keep me updated if you find anything!
Will do!!!!
I was the one that mentioned Jade’s scores in another post. They are on mymeetscores but she changed gyms so you need to click on her “Oasis Gymnastics” scores. Grace McCallum also wasn’t a superstar winning everything early (she also changed gyms I think). Of course there are others, like Kyla Ross where you’ll see she won almost every meet. There are many paths up a mountain.
Yes! Thank you so much for commenting! I saw the gym change for Jade. I wasn’t sure if that was the same person. There are 3 gymnast with my kids name. I did show my DD and she was REALLY encouraged. It’s nice for her to know you don’t have to be Simone Biles to have a gymnastics “career.” She has always had a teachers heart and has said she wants to coach. So sweet! Regardless, i think it would be really cool if some of these olympians who weren’t “savants” in the beginning would share their story to encourage these kids today. Most people just have to work hard. Thanks again for commenting!

In her book, Kerri Strug talks about her early years, but that was before the scoring system changed, so I don't know if it would really help much. Still interesting though. She really had some struggles.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back