Olympic Leos

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

i think my problem with the leos is that i like to see a little it more of a mix in material i a not huge on the the shiny lycra, but that seems to be in...oh well.. wonder what the girls will wear for event finals?

I didn't mind the US one much last night watching everything, although looking at the pictures I don't like how it cuts off randomly everywhere. Don't hate it, but it's not my favorite.

I didn't like China's, I just prefer more athletic looking styles, but they weren't excessively unfortunate or anything.

I saw one absolutley awful leotard, it was on a girl from Slovenia (I think) and it was blue lycra with green sparkly bits, except the bit over the chest was skin coloured with strings like a corset, it seemed very inappropriate to me!

"We ran out of material to make your leo, here, tie it together at the front with this shoelace, hope it'll hold through your routine!"

I love, love, love that leo Shawn wore the last night during the balance beam finals. Does anyone know if that is available to purchase. I want one for dd!

I really like Russia`s leos. Also especially the one Kramarenko wore in floor finals.
I also saw a really nice one for just a moment on TV. I think it was the one of the Czech gymnast - Palesova.

I agree! Shawn's from Beam Finals was beautiful. Nastia's was great for her, but not many people can pull off white...
Can you actually buy either of them or something very similar?

581171680.jpg

Did not like these leos at all. And poor Alicia looks heartbroken.
Did anyone notice that the USA team leos they wore for team finals say 'usa' on the upper left shoulder? It's kind of swirly writing, and I did not even see it the first time I saw the leos.

Clever, but still not my fave.

I really liked France's prelims leos:
bogwoppit-albums-olympic-wag-prelims-leos-picture445-france.html

I didn't like China's... Not too unfortunate, but kind of distracting.

Spain - Yuck.
bogwoppit-albums-olympic-wag-prelims-leos-picture440-spain.html

I noticed lots of pink. Yeah, I mean it makes you look graceful like a ballerina, but really?

I really liked all the leos for the US! I like the sportsy look. Thought the blue one Alicia wore in vault finals looked great on her (as well as on Nastia and Shawn). US prelims leo warmed up to me after I go back and look at them. I like Romania's leo, the white one with red, yellow, and blue stripes. Sportsy! Overall, GOOD JOB USA on ur FASHION!!!!!! :D:D:D:D:D:D

Very interesting. I liked the US and China's were pretty good. Promblem with China? They wore red/gold leos, with PINK (Very pink) hair-clips, and then blue or purple sparkly eye shadow. Bad color match-ups and made them look...awful.

Very interesting. I liked the US and China's were pretty good. Promblem with China? They wore red/gold leos, with PINK (Very pink) hair-clips, and then blue or purple sparkly eye shadow. Bad color match-ups and made them look...awful.

Yeah, I noticed that too. I wonder why their coaches didn't tell them to use hair accessories that matched. Not sure what the deal was with all the makeup...

Yeah, I noticed that too. I wonder why their coaches didn't tell them to use hair accessories that matched. Not sure what the deal was with all the makeup...

China always wears pink hair accessories with their red and yellow leos. Check out the 2000 Olympics and their fluffy pink hair scruchies! I'm guessing the pink is a team tradition or good luck charm or something.

If you go to the GK site, in the Olympic section ("Continue The Quest 2008"), you can find the authorized replica ones, in sleeveless. Minus the star one from the preliminaries.

It's too bad that the designer for the Chinese Syncro Swimming team didn't make the leos for the gymnasts. Their suits were beautiful.

I'll post pics if I can find some.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back