MAG Olympic male gymnasts over 5'9?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Men's Artistic Gymnastics
and 1 of the best pommel horse workers of all time. american mark sohn. 5' 11" and has several skills named after him.:)

glad to see this thread... I have a young gymnast 10 years old who loves the sport,seems to do well competitively, but...he is destined to be tall. Dad is 6 foot. Have thought about encouraging him to change sports but he loves it,does well, and has no interest in quitting. Hoping his height will not be too much of an obstacle.

Aren't they all great pommel horse workers? Is that something related to their height? Maybe their other events are not as good because of them being tall, so they get better at something not so related? :confused:

not true.. igor cassina who revolutionized high bar is 5'11, and dimitri karbenko and epke zonderland are both tall arounders who are farley good

@galadriel... im 5'9 since my muscles are the longer type its a little harder to make them bigger. and i need to condition more than everyone else and it takes a lot longer to get strength skills like cross and planche, because i have long arms

i'm laughing.^^^ there was an interview years ago where cassina said his teamates/coach called him the "6 foot pipe".:)

not true.. igor cassina who revolutionized high bar is 5'11, and dimitri karbenko and epke zonderland are both tall arounders who are farley good
Zonderland and Karbanenko look tall but actually are only 5'6 and 5'7 tall.

You all seem to be forgetting about Alexander Shatilov, awesome olympic all-arounder who's 5'11 tall.

(btw sorry for the bump)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back