Olympic trials commentary...Tim Daggett style!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

flips123

Gymnast
Loving the olympic trials tonight, but so many little mistakes!Poor Nastia and Mykayla on bars, Sarah on floor and Rebecca on beam:(.But Sarah Finnegan's beam mount...HOLY COW! And Kyla Ross seems to be one mean, lean sticking machine! A friend from my gym was lucky enough to be able to go! Also, hope you're having fun Bog!

Last edited:
Tim Dagget is horrible commentator LOL he sounds like such an idiot. I remember at Nationals after Aly Raisman had a big wobble on beam Tim said the routine was flawless and Al said "Did you just say that?!" LOL

I had to laugh at this because I LOVE him. He makes it so much more exciting sometimes. But Yeah. I wonder if he watches with his eyes closed too sometimes. I think he just gets so into it and rightfully so. I also agree with the OP about the little bitty mistakes. Yes we are nit-picking. But. I was a little surprised to see them to be honest. I will say that this team has looked most like "The Magnificent Seven" from the '96 Olympics than I have seen in a while. Go get the gold ladies ! :)

Hate the commentators so much, and hate that board they did at Visas and Trials where they randomly throw names around and they contradict each other and it's a big mess lol.

Hate the commentators so much, and hate that board they did at Visas and Trials where they randomly throw names around and they contradict each other and it's a big mess lol.

AGREE!!!!!! I was hoping the stand would suffer a "technical malfunction" and the silly board would fall fall fall!

Tim Dagget Style? Ok, if you insist:

Gymnastics 101 you gotta stick the dismount GINROMOUS looks like a kid on the playground.

Did I miss any of his cliches?

AGREE!!!!!! I was hoping the stand would suffer a "technical malfunction" and the silly board would fall fall fall!

That would be a huge development, as it would certainly be a "major deduction" and possibly take the stand, and maybe the board itself "out of the conversation". So "here's the scenario", the stand suffers an injury and can't finish the competition.....Does it all "boil down to what Marta wants". I say you petition the stand, and brace yourself for the controversy.....

That would be a huge development, as it would certainly be a "major deduction" and possibly take the stand, and maybe the board itself "out of the conversation". So "here's the scenario", the stand suffers an injury and can't finish the competition.....Does it all "boil down to what Marta wants". I say you petition the stand, and brace yourself for the controversy.....

Hahaha is it sad when you know exactly what Tim is going to say before he says it? Because I sure do! :D

Remember she has to "stick the dismount" because its the "last thing the judges see". Then Al asks " Is that a stick?" Did you see her feet move?

Then Al asks " Is that a stick?"

Gah! Yes! I don't consider myself a gymnastics expert by any means but even I know when it counts as a stick! Or when someone falls face first off the uneven bars and he goes "That's huge". Really? I thought the judges would just gloss over that.

He's like the John Madden of gymnastics. "You, you, you see, when the gymnast, when, when, when they get the most points, it it it it it usually means they're in first place."

THanks for the Laugh!! I love it.

OMG IM LMAO right now. Its all so so true. I actually youtube'd him and there was this one video about a girl on the vault. He said " Shes not ready ... her coaches know it, she knows it, her parents know it . She is going to play it safe on this vault because this is not her strongest .. and there she goes " ... * gymnast nails it and apparently was a really hard skill too* ( sorry I am new to gymnastics so I don't know the names but the crowd went ballistic* haha

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back