Olympic Trials/San Jose

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

jago

Proud Parent
We'll be attending the Olympic Trials in San Jose and I'm wondering if anyone has information regarding fun happenings in the area. Especially gymnastic-related activities. Is it possible to attend the trade show held in conjunction with Congress? :D :D :D

Since the women's events don't begin until 530pm on both Friday and Sunday, I think we'll have a little time on our hands. DD6 is looking forward to viewing the men's Saturday competition as well. She enjoys watching the "boys" on rings, and thinks it would be nice if the "girls" could compete rings also!

We'll arrive on Thursday afternoon and depart on Monday morning! SO EXCITED!!!

YES!!! You can attend the trade show portion of National Congress. I believe tickets are only $6/person/day. We are also arriving Thursday and departing Monday. Sunday, when the Olympic teams are announced, my little one will be celebrating a 9th birthday she'll never forget! So excited!

Yea!! Then we will be at the trade show! Can't beat the price.

Thank you Esoteric!!

Do you happen to know when single day tickets go on sale? My daughter doesn't want to watch the men complete.

I have no definite answer, but I was told that our "all session" tickets would not be issued until after May 1st. Generally venues have an extended period of all session sales prior to selling single session tickets so they know how many "all session" passes to print up. My guess would be they will go on sale around the same time they print/send all session tickets, that way they can do one printing order for the passes on bulk and know specifically how many tickets are remaining. Events like this do give preference to all session attendees, and the best seats go first.
I hope all goes well for you and your daughter!

I should have said "closest" seats, not "best" seats. All the seats seem to have a great view of the competition floor.

There are usually fan opportunities either before and/or after the meets as well. Autographs, meets & greet, as well as a fitness course are usally set up. If you hang out around congress/ arena you can usually spot lots of "famous" gymnastics people as well.

I looked at the "platinum" tickets that guarantee a meet & greet- but couldn't swallow that much of a dent to my wallet. I am going to keep optimistic that my daughters will be able to share a smile and get an autograph or two!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back