olympics trouble

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

:) hello, im really really excited for when the olympic start and we have a dvd recorder so we're gonna tape it but...
:( i hav no idea when the gymnasics is on... does anybody know of any guides or something to know when to tape it?

I don't think schedules are out yet, but check back here and at nbcolympics.com

Note: This is in Beijing time.

Sat
2008-08-09
12:00 - 14:12 Artistic Gymnastics Men's Qualification -Subdivision 1

16:00 - 18:12 Artistic Gymnastics Men's Qualification - Subdivision 2

20:00 - 22:12 Artistic Gymnastics Men's Qualification - Subdivision 3

Sun
2008-08-10
10:00 - 11:28 Artistic Gymnastics Women's Qualification - Subdivision 1

13:30 - 14:58 Artistic Gymnastics Women's Qualification - Subdivision 2

17:00 - 18:28 Artistic Gymnastics Women's Qualification - Subdivision 3

20:00 - 21:28 Artistic Gymnastics Women's Qualification - Subdivision 4

Tue
2008-08-12
10:00 - 12:56 Artistic Gymnastics Men's Team Final
Men's Team Medal Ceremony

Wed
2008-08-13
10:15 - 12:19 Artistic Gymnastics Women's Team Final
Women's Team Medal Ceremony

Thu
2008-08-14
11:00 - 13:51 Artistic Gymnastics Men's Individual All-Around Final
Men's Individual All-Around Medal Ceremony

Fri
2008-08-15
11:15 - 13:14 Artistic Gymnastics Women's Individual All-Around Final
Women's Individual All-Around Medal Ceremony

Sun
2008-08-17
18:00 - 21:00 Artistic Gymnastics Men's Floor Exercise Final
Men's Floor Exercise Medal Ceremony
Women's Floor Exercise Final
Women's Floor Exercise Medal Ceremony
Men's Pommel Horse Final
Men's Pommel Horse Medal Ceremony
Women's Vault Final
Women's Vault Medal Ceremony

Mon
2008-08-18
18:00 - 20:57 Artistic Gymnastics Men's Rings Final
Men's Rings Medal Ceremony
Women's Uneven Bars Final
Women's Uneven Bars Medal Ceremony
Men's Vault Final
Men's Vault Medal Ceremony
Women's Trampoline Final
Women's Trampoline Medal Ceremony

Tue
2008-08-19
18:00 - 20:57 Artistic Gymnastics Men's Parallel Bars Final
Men's Parallel Bars Medal Ceremony
Women's Beam Final
Women's Beam Medal Ceremony
Men's Horizontal Bar Final
Men's Horizontal Bar Medal Ceremony
Men's Trampoline Final
Men's Trampoline Medal Ceremony

gymnastrachelle001...not sure where in Australia u live but, if you are in Queensland, New South Wales, or Victoria then you are two hours ahead of Beijing time. So whatever time it says in the schedule above, you can watch it 2 hours later. So if the schedule says 12:00, then its on 14:00 for you.

For everyone in North America, Beijing is exactly 12 hours ahead of New York/Toronto/Montreal time. Beijing is 13 hours ahead of Chicago/Winnipeg time, 14 hours ahead of Denver/Calgary time, 15 hours ahead of San Francisco/Vancouver time, and 11 hours ahead of Halifax time.

Go me...I just learned some Canadian geography so I could make our northern neighbors feel included too :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Isn't that only the case if the gymnastics are shown live, in their entirety? In my experience watching olympics the events are nearly always taped and then edited down. You'll need to check the website for the network to see when they're actually showing the event as opposed to when it's happening.

You also might be able to catch some of the things on the web, i'm sure with NBC doing so much with full episodes of their shows online there will probably be videos of the more popular events.

Good luck! I'm very happy about my DVR with the olympics coming up.

Last edited:
It's on the NBC website now everyone.

*All times given are central.*

Saturday 8/9/08: 7-11pm Men's gymnastics qualification. Also swimming at same time. Channel NBC 5 (HD) Live!

Sunday 8/10/08: 1am-5am Men's gymnastics qualification, also beach volleyball and swimming. Channel NBC 5 (HD)

Sunday 8/10/08: 6pm-10pm Women's gym qualifying, also swimming and diving. Channel NBC 5 Live!

Monday 8/11/08: 1am-4am rerun of above NBC 5

Monday 8/11/08: 5pm-7pm recap of above, equestrian. Oxygen (OH)

Monday 8/11/08: 7pm-11:30 pm Men's team final, swimming, beach volleyball, diving. Live! NBC 5

Tuesday 8/12/08: 5-7pm Gymnastics (recap) and the jumping phase as gold is determined in equestrian's eventing competition. Oxygen (oh)

Tuesday 8/12/08: 7-11pm Live women's team final, also swimming and volleyball.
NBC 5

Wednesday 8/13/08 7pm-12am: Live men's all around finals, also swimming, beach volleyball, diving, and cycling NBC 5

Thursday 8/14/08 7pm-12am: Live women's all-around finals, also swimming and volleyball NBC 5

Sunday 8/17/08 (let's hope we win lots b/c it's my b-day!!!): 6-11pm Gold-medal finals include the women's 100m and steeplechase on the track, individual event finals in gymnastics (men's and women's floor, women's vault, men's pommel horse), women's 3m diving and the eights in rowing. NBC 5

Monday 8/18/08 7-11pm: LIVE! Beach volleyball semifinal-round action. Also: Individual event finals in gymnastics (men's rings and vault, women's uneven bars), the women's trampoline final and multiple gold-medal events in track and field, including the men's long jump and women's 800m. NBC 5

Tuesday 8/19/08 7-11pm: (LIVE) Men's beach volleyball semifinals. Also, event finals in gymnastics (men's p-bars and high bar, women's beam), multiple gold-medal finals in track and field (women's 100m hurdles, men's 1500m) and the men's 3m diving final. NBC 5

More replay schedules and such available here: http://www.nbcolympics.com/tv_and_online_listings/zone=CT/sport=GA/index.htm

I got tired of typing everything! But these are the basics.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would just like to add to NYgymfan's very nice post about the time differences between Bejing time and various Australian and North American times. If there is anyone from Newfoundland on CB, the time difference is 10.5 hours that Bejing is ahead.

And gymgymgymnast08, I'm assuming that you are referring to Pennsylvania which is in the same time zone as New York/Toronto/Montreal, so there is a 12 hour time difference.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back