omg help :(

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

W

WGGCgymgurl

O M G !
help me guys ! my parents just told me i cant do gymnastics anymore b/c they cant afford it :eek: idk wat 2 do now... gym is my life ! i lived in the gym && now idk wat 2 do w/o it im lost.. :( im soo bored.. ive realized pretty much all my life was was gym.. all my friends were there && i still go 2 skool w/ all them but all they talk about is wat happened at the gym or the new skills they got && i cant join in :(
wat do i do ?

Depending on how old you are, your gym may be willing to barter; my gym in the past has allowed girls to train either free or at a reduced rate in exchange for coaching and/or cleaning services.

Have you talked to your coaches about this? Would you be able to work something out where you work at the gym in exchange for training? Even if it's something as simple as paperwork in the office, or cleaning the equipment, or maybe helping out with the younger classes? Look into those options before you give up. I know the feeling, and I wish you the best and hope you can keep it up.

How old are you? Are you at an age where a part time job might be possible? You may not be able to go as much as you did but you might be able to go some at least.

I agree with seeing if maybe you can do some coaching or something to help at least reduce the cost, then if its reduced, maybe your parents will still be able to help. Or you can work a few hours on weekends(since meet season is over) if you are old enough, to help cover some cost. I hope it works out for you!

Definatly talk to your gym. Most gyms offer some sort of help to families that struggle to afford training. There are things you can do around the gym like help out in junior classes, or do some cleaning, volunteer to sell from the canteen if they have one and so on.

Omg i'm so sorry. I have a friend who was having trouble payong tuition, and started working at the gym to pay it of. She is fourteen, and the gym made an exeption for her to work. If you are old enough u should try this. Best of luck!
--Kyra Gymnast

At our gym, 2 of the team girls's mom's help keep and take care of our coaches baby during practice and she gives them both a reduced rate. And one of our older girls works at the gym on the days we don't have practice...she is there every day except sunday now! Maybe you could try that.

thats a realy good idea my coach is realy nice so maybe she wld let me:)
&' im 15 so.. im old enough to have a job anyways.. i hope it works out i miss gym like crazyy): this might soung crazy but.. i miss how when u walk in the gym that smell of like.. chalk &' sweat &' feet lol idk i never thought i would miss that but idk.. it just smelt like home:) like i was born to smell that sweaty chalky feet smell &' born to be in the gym:) i know it probly sounds crazy.. lol but thanxx evrybody !

My parents made me quit too about 5 months ago when my mom got laid off. I did group gymnastics so my team wasn't very happy but i couldn't do anything about it considering my parnets had already called the gym without telling me. I would just take a rec class if u r in competitive or switch to a cheaper gym.

this might soung crazy but.. i miss how when u walk in the gym that smell of like.. chalk &' sweat &' feet lol idk i never thought i would miss that but idk.. it just smelt like home:) like i was born to smell that sweaty chalky feet smell &' born to be in the gym:) i know it probly sounds crazy.. lol but thanxx evrybody !

I know exactly what you mean! I love the smell of my gym. We have a pool in the same building too so when I walk in it's a chlorine/sweat smell and then when I get up to the third floor I smell the chalk too. It makes me feel right at home!

Sweaty gymnasts...what a wonderful smell, lol. Its the smell of working hard!!

i wold be crying like crazy. i would get a job at the gym. switch gyms so its cheaper. ask about reduced rates. only go for private lessons so its cheaper if u do like one a week. take a rec class.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back