Parents OMG I can't believe it

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Ouch! AT my DD's new gym (we switched a year ago), we get a monthly bill during meet season, so we do not have to throw out big chuncks of $$. We also have a fundraising quota due each year, but that is broken down over three months, and they tell us a couple of months out so we are prepared. There is also a separate fee for TOPs that I pay as well. Our gym is VERY GOOD about fundraising. Last year I raied enough $$ for last year & this year's meets, TOPs testings, leos, and a hotel night at an away meet. We held a sheet fundraiser that made my DD the most $$, and we also sold pizzas, Starbucks coffee, and coupons from a local ice cream parlor. I would have to sell someone in my house to come up with that amount of $$ that quickly. Good luck!

Well thank god for grandma!!!! She gave us $1500 to pay for the meets and use towards anyother unexpected expenses over the next few months.

I love my mother-in-law she is so good to the kids and helps us alot. I can't thank her enough

WTG, Grandma! Does she want to adopt us too :p

Believe it!

One time, our gym changed the date of the full payment for one of the meets...to the day they told us the payment was due! You should have seen so many mom's on cell phones calling husband who could be heard screaming on the other side of the phone. Including mine. You could hear all the moms saying, "No, hunny. I DIDN'T forget, they just told us now! Yes, now! Yes, tonight!" It sounds funny now, but it wasn't funny then. I think coaches aren't business geniuses! We feel you out here...

HOLY COW!!!! What are you getting for that solid gold leos and trophies???

Unfortunately, no. :D

It's an overseas meet, which all of ours are - we have no meets in our country, as we are the only gym. I managed to convince the hubby that it made sense to use our airmiles, so we're down to just hotel and incidentals. I think our meet fees will be paid for by the Olympic Association. We already have the competition leotard, and coaching fees are cheap. This meet has now become one of the cheaper ones of the season because we could use airmiles - the ones next year we will be paying airfare for. We're going to Crown of the Carolinas in Rock Hill, which is the only meet we currently attend in the continental US, so it's a big deal for us. I really wanted DD to go because of that - plus I can get some Christmas shopping done (very important for small islanders)! :D

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back