One arm backhandspring connection on beam (level 9)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

G

gymnastralo

HELP! JUDGES! COACHES!One arm backhandspring connection on beam (level 9)

Where are the arms suppose to be when connecting a one arm backhandspring to a split jump? After the one arm backhandspring are the arms suppose to finish up then swing around for the jump or do the finish down to go for the jump??

I would finish with them down, but have you tried the jump first? Split jump to one arm is pretty easy (and for that I'd have her land her split jump with arms down)

I was having trouble connecting the split jump first because the arm swing is different from how I do my one arm backhandspring swing. For the split jump one arm I have to swing the arms down then back, and I regularly swing around and back. Do any of your gymnast perform this? I would love to see a video of how to land your one armed bkhsp. with the arms down to swing thru for the split jump. I searched youtube but found nothing. Thanks for all your help.

Safest thing to do probably would be to lift up into the jump and then push back (no downward forward swing). They've really tightened the rules for those connections up and I'm not sure if the way Nikki does it in the video above would always get credit...to me that's borderline. With BHS BHS series pretty sure it does not qualify (arms going beyond thighs) even if the body kept moving backwards...so I'm not sure how they evaluate a jump out of a BHS with the arms swinging past the thighs. Hopefully a judge will see this and answer, maybe you could PM gympanda if she does not see this.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back