One for the Gymnasts

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

SuperGirlmlm

Gymnast
For the forth of July week, (US) we all got the week off. This made me both happy and sad, because I'll miss gymnastics and seeing my friends.
When I came back to practice this week, almost all of us were really stiff, so we took extra time warming up.
After warmups, I felt on top of the world. Then, we went to floor first, like always. I'm level 8 now, and I do best when I can progress from a front tuck, pike, layout, half, full, 1.5, double full. And when I was doing my front tuck, it felt really funny, I felt my bad form and I actually fell on it. I've never fallen on a front tuck in what seems like forever.
Does this ever happen to you guys???
Thanks for you time, I really appreciate it!

Also, for those of you in school, how may people steryotype you??? When I tell people I'm a gymnast, they think I'm supposed to be a twig, when I'm packed full of muscle. They think that I shoudl have no friends, be homeschooled, ect. It's really annoying.

Last edited:
Yes, coming back after a break can be really tough for me. I went on a tour with my insanely hyper teacher and wound up losing a lot of mass from my legs due to all the walking and not a lot of eating. When I came back, everything was off! It was only a week but I sort of forgot how to sprint. I remembered quickly, though, especially after the jet lag wore off. My coach has let me know that coming back from a break can be harder for me than for others because gymnastics doesn't really come naturally to me.

As for stereotypes, mostly people just ask to see something. I'll do a handstand pirouette walkover or something and they're like o_0.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back