One Weeks to States!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

F

flippersmom

DD has states next weekend. What a ride this year has been.

After being told she would never place on beam and should consider switching from USAG, she went out at her last meet and hit her series on beam - two backhandsprings. So proud of her for sticking with it and thankful for the new gym which let her get it at her own pace. Even is she doesn't hit it at states, I am so happy her that she did get it at a meet this year, and it is coming more and more consistent at practice. Last meet struggled some on bars, but it's mostly form and I know that is going to change much in a week. Just hoping she does her best and is happy. A little nervous because I think the old owner/coach who had said above comment will probably be judging. Just hoping that doesn't make her too nervous. Please keep your fingers crossed for us and we'll take any good luck faries!

Thanks.

Best of luck to Flipper! I hope she has a great meet and a great time! Can't wait to hear the meet report!

DD is actually hoping that is old coach is there, they are on beam so they can show them how wrong they were about her. Hopefully she will stay on, she's only fallen once in two years, the first time she tried backhandspring/backhandspring after only having done it one week before. I wonder if it's possible to cross all your fingers and toes at the same time??

Well, not the meet she had hoped too.

Off balance and stumbled on floor and falls on bars and beam. She did well overall, considering. She was a little sad, but did place on vault, an area she had struggled with in the past and has been hit or miss this year. We went to eat with teammates on the way home, and they had such a great time. Old teammates were there and weren't the nicest. Overall, I would rather her learn its not right to lie and manipulate people like old gym coach/owner did (definately did to me) that to get a medal that will end up at some point in the back of your closet in a shoebox! Conferences in 3 weeks to find out about if she'll move up. She's fine either way, she just wants a chance to keep doing what she loves.

Good luck to flipper! She needs to go out there and show that old coach what she is capable of! Good for her for her determination and tenacity in this crazy sport! I hope that little bit of extra determination will help make her beam series super spectacular!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back