Parents Optional Competition Schedule

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

bklyngymom

Proud Parent
We recently received our meet schedule for this season and many were surprised to see only 5 competitions of them 2 are travel meets for level 6-8 (Level 8 is the highest at our gym). We previously would have 8-9. Is this common? Interested in knowing how many competitions on your schedule.

We recently received our meet schedule for this season and many were surprised to see only 5 competitions of them 2 are travel meets for level 6-8 (Level 8 is the highest at our gym). We previously would have 8-9. Is this common? Interested in knowing how many competitions on your schedule.

We have 5, 3 are travel, and then state/regionals and nationals. that is what we typically do. (L10 boy)

Yes, its about right. 5 meets, then you have state meet, then maybe regionals, than maybe Nationals. could end up being 7-8 meets. This is exactly the number at our gym for optionals.

My daughter is level 7. They have 5 regular season meets, plus State meet and Regionals if they qualify. Technically all of our meets are travel meets, but only 1 (plus State meet) are in state. The others range from 5-9 hours away by car. This year there are none that require flying, some years there are 1-2 that do

We just switched gyms last week. Our last gym had 10 regular season meets on the schedule, plus state- No Nationals as they only allow optionals to go and my dd is a level 5. Our new gym has 8 regular season meets, plus state, and the possibility of Nationals- which is in our state this year so we will probably go:)

Our optional and compulsory teams both have 6 regular season meets, with the optionals having one fly away meet, then state/regionals/nationals. That’s about the average number for most gyms in our area.

We have 9 regular season meets (compulsory) plus state. Some are out of state, but within a few hours so not really a ‘travel’ meet.
Optionals have the same amount, expect one is a big travel meet. Plus state, etc....

My son has the same 5 meets, 2 of them travel. They January to march, so it seems to go by pretty quickly. The there is states, regionals and hopefully nationals.

We have 9 regular season meets (compulsory) plus state. Some are out of state, but within a few hours so not really a ‘travel’ meet.
Optionals have the same amount, expect one is a big travel meet. Plus state, etc....
What is the time span of your season?

We have 5 + State, Regionals and Nationals, so the opportunity for 8 meets. 2 meets that require flying plus Nationals if she qualifies. That is plenty for us!

What is the time span of your season?

We start meets at the end of October and our last regular season meet is in February. State meets are in March. Compulsory and Optionals have the same season.

Our level 6-10 gymnasts have seven regular season meets, plus the state meet. Two or three of which are out of state, but within driving distance. Last year, there were two meets that required flying due to the distance.

I believe at least in Region 6 they have moved up States and Regionals. So States are now a month earlier then previous years. I expect we will do at least 2 less meets then in past years, this year.

Reactions: sce
I believe at least in Region 6 they have moved up States and Regionals. So States are now a month earlier then previous years. I expect we will do at least 2 less meets then in past years, this year.

To Feb and March? Why would they do that?

Level 7/8 first weekend in March, level 9/10 the next. I think it had something to do with having to have more time in between states and regionals, and then Easterns/Nationals without cutting into AP exams etc.

OK. So it is still March for state and APril for Regionals....that is pretty normal....

Reactions: sce
It's still a few weeks earlier than it was. The lower levels as well.

I see that. Looks like the upper levels are almost the same....I know nationals are a week or 2? earlier for girls this year, so I assumed there would be some domino effect. I have heard more grumbling about that than anything. I have a boy...our nationals are a bit earlier too this year. Kind of excited. One year we had almost 6 weeks between regionals and nationals.....that was a loooong wait!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back