Optional Floor Routine

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

G

GymDad57

Do most optional gymnast change their music and floor choreograph every year even if they are repeating level 7 or 8. Is it common to carry the same song and choreograph into the next season. Just wondering how that works.

It depends on the coach, and probably the individual situation. My dd's gym aims to keep a routine for 2 years. I know of one girl who has a great routine that really works well and scores well and she's used it for three years. She's upgraded, but the music and basic choreography stays the same.

It varies depending on the gym and the situation.

Typically at my gym, girls will keep the same music for 2 years whether they move up a level or not, but will make tweaks to the choreography and composition where necessary.

I know our L7/L8's use their same music with some changes(tweeking & skill upgrades) to the routine for 2yrs. I'm not positive about the higher levels, but I think all of our optionals use their music/routines for 2yrs.

Our gym leaves it up to the girl but at the coaches discression too. Usually in the past the floor music for L7 woudl be the same one for L8 with some modifications to the routine to include the L8 skills. When they go to L9 they CAN choose different music but they don't have to but they do need a new routine for L9 then they keep that for L10 with modifications to meet the L10 requirements.

Most do the L7 -L8 with same music then change for L9 to L10

Hi I was a Level 7 Gymnast and usually that is what the gym will do unless say the compete double season(level 6 and 7) then they might only go to invitationals and next year use the same routine through the whole season.

This is exactly like dd's gym. Dd used her same music and routine (tumbling changes and slight choreography changes) for level 7 & 8. She may possibly keep it for next season - not sure if she is doing 8 or 9.

It depends on the coach, and probably the individual situation. My dd's gym aims to keep a routine for 2 years. I know of one girl who has a great routine that really works well and scores well and she's used it for three years. She's upgraded, but the music and basic choreography stays the same.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back