Parents Optional State Championships

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

PeanutsMom

Proud Parent
Does anyone know how Optional State Championships will work? I know some states still have many restrictions, while others are opened up and running seasons. Does that mean only some states will have championships? Also, does anyone know if qualifications to state have changed? I think my kiddo is "qualified" since she scored a 35.925 in a sanctioned mobility event, but I am wondering going forward if it even matters.

Thanks for insight you can provide.

For Ohio, they have stated if you stayed the same level and qualified last year, you are qualified this year. If you moved up, you need to achieve the qualifying score in a sanctioned meet. As far as meets, region 5 has stated that if they decide regionals must be virtual (based on the most restrictive state I would assume), then all the states will have a virtual state meet.

Virginia is similar in that - if you stayed the same level and qualified last year, you are qualified this year. If you moved up, you need to achieve the qualifying score in a sanctioned meet. Level 9 & 10 states will be virtual with some "hybrid sites". Our gym will be doing virtual. Other states are still TBD in terms of format (presumably hoping that since they are later, perhaps they can be in person). In the past, L8-10 states has all been together. But now it is just Level 9 & 10 and Level 8 has been pushed back to a TBD date with Level 8 Regionals pushed back to June! No announcement has been made yet about how Regionals will work (though they did announce that if you are same level and qualified last year, you are qualified and you can achieve qualifying score in ANY sanctioned meet throughout the season).

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back