WAG other bar dismounts than flyaway? Butt Bounce?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I was just wondering if there are or maybe you know any different bar dismounts besides the regular under swing (with or without twists) and flyaway (tuck or layout), that are not too hard to learn? Doesn't matter if valuable by JO or not.

I like how flyways look, but I sometimes wish there was something else that is fun to watch and try out.

I found this one and it looks pretty easy also:

I know there are those toe on front tucks, but they seem to be pretty hard.
Here is a video:

Here is a video of a girl competing L7 who did a "butt bounce" dismount.
Pretty cool I think!

Any ideas/opinion appreciated

I really love the toe on front tuck dismount, but that's hard. Not a huge fan of the butt bounce, but it isn't bad.

I'm not really a big fan of any of those dismounts in the videos. I've never seen any of them I don't think. The thing with the flyaway is that it seems to progress into other things as the gymnast moves up levels. Like from a tuck to a layout, to a double back, to a bunch of other cool-looking twisty things that I don't know the name of. :)
I'm not sure what that butt bounce could progress into, but I'm certainly no coach.

Based on the OP's reported age, I am guessing that her JO days are over, so progression might not be important any more and something fun to work on at club gym might be what's in order.

If you like the front tuck dismount, there are other ways besides the the toe on to get into them - from a cast (facing the LB), from a front giant, or from a counterswing (my gym has an Xcel girl who does that).

If you want something different, I like the look of the free hip to hecht at 4:35:.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back