Parents Other Forums

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I was just wondering what other forums you participate in. Gymnastics related.
This is the only one I have discovered and I love it.

I enjoy the drills and skills forum, though it isn't very active and is mostly for adult gymnasts. I lurk there and pick up various tips. I think it's a good place to ask questions of coaches too as there are several knowledgeable folks there.

I tried to register on the skills and drills forum, but for some reason it wouldn't let me.

A few of mine......

gymspot is a good one, same kind of feel as here nice bunch of parents and gymnasts. They also have a forum for gymnasts only, which I think is nice for the younger crowd. Parents forum is for the over 18 crowd, but not a place for adult content.

In Canada gymbrook is interesting when anyone posts, very quiet in the non comp season, lots of gymnasts post. Only problem is you can post as a guest, so it is hard to work out who is who and who is replying to what.

GGMB is a riot, but it is impossible to join now as they have strict mebership guidelines, I was in before the rules changed. It is definitely a place for the over 18's and not for the prudish type. They are bold and brash, but very funny and you cannot take yourself too seriously there.

WWGYM is a newish board formed from some old GGMB members. Both GGMB and WWGYM are ary into the international gymnastics scene and not at all into low level kids gym. It is nice to have a few to choose from.

Last edited:
In addition to ChalkBucket I like Gymspot, the Yahoo group GymniceticsNot, and the NJ.com gymnastics forum. I mostly like to read them, my daughter is just a level 4 and not competing yet so I feel like I don't have too much to share yet, LOL

these are not necessarily forums... the chalk bucket is the only actual forum I participate in... but I also enjoy reading the All Experts for gymnastics, Shanfan, gymnastics revolution & gymnastics zone

Ohhhh, I like the allexperts too LGCM! When my DD first made pre-team I had no idea what the normal progressions were in gymnastics & the different programs (ex: JOGA, USAG). Then, when she was invited onto the team I read often trying to figure out if I should try her at level 4 or go to JOGA. I've never asked a question, but I LOVE reading all of coach Rik's responses, he cracks me up!!!!! He's my favorite!

Ohhhh, I like the allexperts too LGCM! When my DD first made pre-team I had no idea what the normal progressions were in gymnastics & the different programs (ex: JOGA, USAG). Then, when she was invited onto the team I read often trying to figure out if I should try her at level 4 or go to JOGA. I've never asked a question, but I LOVE reading all of coach Rik's responses, he cracks me up!!!!! He's my favorite!

7 months ago, I felt completely in the dark, but between here and there I have learned so much. I LOVE reading all of Rik's responses as well - he is my fave and is awesome!!:D

I looked up the Gymspot forum you & bogwoppit mentioned and decided to try it out - tx

Last edited:
Let me know if you guys get a response from gymspot. I tried to join a couple of times but never got a response from the moderator or administrator to approve my membership.

I love All Experts too!

Meg

Let me know if you guys get a response from gymspot. I tried to join a couple of times but never got a response from the moderator or administrator to approve my membership.

I love All Experts too!

Meg

Meglay, I am a moderator on gymspot, try again to join, if you still have a problem pm me and I will work with the admin to work it out. He is great, but we had some huge problems with nasty spam a few months back so things had to get a little tighter over there.

Thanks Bogwoppit. I will apply again and hopefully get a response this time.

Thanks!!

Those that join gymspot...I wasn't able to participate in that board for a long time either. When their format changed and I had to re-apply there were specific directions. When registering you need to put down your region or level or something that indicates you are involved in gymnastics...they had a BIG problem with trolls, spammers and other wacks. Hope this helps.

Glad to here you guys like this place.

I do a lot of reading at the Gymworld Messageboards, mostly about international competitions and always check out the Dutch boards there. Don't really participate a lot, it is just so big and since I don't do gymnastics myself, feel a bit an outsider. Here I enjoy it, that there are more parents and you just show your daughters stuff and you get nice reactions to it. So this one is definately my favorite.

Thanks Ingymmom. I watched 3 parts now and it is quite nice to see. But it is from 4 years ago. And it isn't really the training, it is how they did in that time, through getting to WC, EC and World cups and all that. And I didn't know they had done so well. So, quite surprised about that.

Another board is gymopolis. http://groups.google.com/group/gymnopolis. It's a google group. It's small and people like to debate there, but not as hardcore as ggmb (gymgossip.com).

You can still join gymgossip.com, but only if you have another member sponsor you.

Both ggmb and gymnopolis require full disclosure of your identity to other members or to the moderators.

Once you participate in those sorts of boards, some of the private ones will invite you to join them. There are quite a few small, private gymnastics discussion groups on yahoo and other hosts, including shadow boards of some of the big ones.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back