Ouch! Heel pain... :(

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

LucyTRA

Coach
Gymnast
Judge
The past few times I have trained at one of the centres I use I have had really sore heels. It's not the Achilles' tendon, but the actual pad of my heel under my foot. One hurts much more than the other.

It can't be the tramp because tonight I used a different one to normal and still had pain, and it's not a skin thing because I wear tramp shoes and socks, my skin feels fine. It's like a dull achey pain in my heel, which eases when the session is over but I can still feel it now 3 hours later. After I sat in the car on the drive home, (which was after a gap where we all ate dinner in the pub, not immediately after training...) when I got out and tried to walk it felt like everything in my foot had seized up and was tight and painful through the arch as well. This eased after a few minutes of walking.

Any ideas? Has anybody come across this before? I don't think it can be over training either because I just took almost a whole week off and I'm used to training six days a week... And this pain isn't new since the break either... :(

That's my thought as well. My foot feels that way every morning..or after sitting.

Does sound like plantar fasciitis. Try rolling the arch of your feet over a cold can of drink massaging it. Should ease the pain a bit and loosen the fascia.

My daughter was told for years she had sievers - after 10 years of it getting worse we found out that sievers only really occurs in girls 7-9 and boys 8-10 (give or take a year). It sounds more like Planters Fasciitis which is what my daughter finally was diagnosed with. She wears "boots" at night as often as possible and orthotics in her shoes. Her pain has lessened significantly and I hear in time will go away. Good luck and get it checked out!

Ugh, been reading up on plantar fasciitis - it sounds pretty unpleasant and sounds a lot like I've been experiencing. I don't think sievers is really a concern for me - I read that it is about the growth plates and doesn't really affect anyone over 15, and I'm 21. Thanks for the advice guys, I guess I'll be seeing my doctor.... :(

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back