Parents Our turn to go to camp..........

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

mom2kazkids

Proud Parent
Bug and I are off to Lake Owen early in the am. I have to be there for 1pm to start my week as nurse. I am hoping that the forcasted rain does what it has been doing at home...........not coming down. At least if it does rain the camp in mostly blacktop for the action sports kids, so not a muddy mess.

Also hoping that the no injury fairies at are at camp. On of the moms who was to coach and ride wtih me is not coming as her daughter is sporting a hot pink cast from coming out of her FHS wrong and broke a bone in her foot.

I think that I am fully packed, I know that I packed less for Bug than last year, but I have that horrible feeling that I forgot something, I just do not know what. :eek:

See you all in a week, and send the BWO on high beam fairies to LO please.........Bug has been on a standstill with that all summer.

Barb

BWO fairy is on her way to you, BBB is working the sme thing. Hope you have a great week, we are hoping for some sun for this week to as my girls are off to Gymrep. Outdoor gym no less!

Have Fun Barb! If you stay for next week, I will see you there.

Sending BWO Fairies your way(with extra sunscreen and insect repellant) and it would be great if you could get the fairy some training after she is done so she can be Beetle's Flight fairy next week!

BWO Fairies coming your way!! I hope your dd has an amazing camp experience! It looks like Bean may have a camp opportunity this summer afterall. Her coach is training level 3 coaching certification at "Canadian Adventure Camp" and is planning on taking Bean and her 4 teammates along as demonstrators!

Camp is SO much fun!!!

I am curious to hear how the nurse part goes. My wife is thinking about doing the same thing next year to help with the camp expenses.

We currently know nothing about the process so if you can share your experience that would be great!

Hope you and Bug have a great time at LO!!! Sending the BWO fairy to Bug and only a few minor injury fairies to you!

Oh and the nice weather fairy is also on its way!

It looks like Bean may have a camp opportunity this summer afterall. Her coach is training level 3 coaching certification at "Canadian Adventure Camp" and is planning on taking Bean and her 4 teammates along as demonstrators!

Camp is SO much fun!!!

NOw that is great news. I have heard great things about that camp.

Have Fun Barb! If you stay for next week, I will see you there.

Sending BWO Fairies your way(with extra sunscreen and insect repellant) and it would be great if you could get the fairy some training after she is done so she can be Beetle's Flight fairy next week!

Will you be there next week? My youngest will be there with some friends and their mom. She is really excited about it.

Beetle will be there, I will just be there for drop off and pick up. We live pretty close so that is nice!

You are lucky. It's a long ride from us. I wish I could go. I think if she likes it that next year I'm going to apply for a mom to camp position so that I can go too as well as save some money on it. The mom that dd is going with is going to be the cabin mom.

My oldest DD worked at camp this year--kitchen help. I won't make her do that again, but I've thought about applying to be camp nurse for a week. Both girls are dying to go back again next year, so me working there would help out alot! It's nice too because it's only about 1-1.5 hrs away from our lake cabin (that my in-laws own), so not a bad drive!

We are back, will post more tommorrow night or monday. My co-worker talked me into working tommorrow. So I need to get to bed.

Barb

We are packing up the car to head to Lake Owen. Beetle is pretty excited, not as many kids from our gym are going this year. But it should still be a good experience.

She got hurt last year and was mad because her testing didnt go so well and she got put in a lower group than she thought she should. I hope this year goes better!

I picked up mine from Gymrep yesterday, oldest hurt her calf/ankle on wednesday, she didn't train the rest of the week and they wouldn't let her call home. It's only 90 minutes drive for me she would've been better off at home methinks. Black mark for GymRep.

They both had a good time, but both would rather do IGC than Gymrep next year. Good thing they agree.

I picked up mine from Gymrep yesterday, oldest hurt her calf/ankle on wednesday, she didn't train the rest of the week and they wouldn't let her call home. It's only 90 minutes drive for me she would've been better off at home methinks. Black mark for GymRep.

They both had a good time, but both would rather do IGC than Gymrep next year. Good thing they agree.

I can't believe they didn't call you. That would have upset me... They probably didn't want you to ask for half of the week refund..:)

There is a no refund policy, same as at IGC. I just wanted my kid to be able to call. If she wanted to call that should've happened. I know for sure at IGC that kids can call their parents from the nurses station. I will be emailing them this week, but it is not their place to decide whether I need to know.

DD's friend hurt herself at IGC two years ago. They had her call her mom right away. She ended up staying the week (on crutches) because her mom was away. But another teammate got hurt (about two years before that) and her mom picked her up the beginning of the week. She got a credit toward a week for the next year.

I'd be upset if DD was hurt and not able to call. I can see if they were just homesick, but an injury is another matter!

Yikes! I should say that would be a black mark! Yeah, I wouldn't be happy.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back