Coaches Out Of Curiosity...

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I was just watching a USAG level 4 floor routine on you tube, and was wondering what the req. are for level 4? I coach L 4 in ontario and i noticed that the US level 4 routine had no flight elements in the acro series? They keep changing our requirments over here, so that we can " keep up" with the USA.... and in L4 in Ontario the girls HAVE to have a 2 flight acro series on floor... ( i don't know much about the code diff. over there )

Thanks!!

The level 4 floor routine consists of HS rolldown, HS bridge kickover, straight arm back roll, RO back handspring along with dance requirements of straight jump-split jump, split leap, and a half turn.

Thanks for the reply...I didn't see the ro back handspring in the routine I watched... So I was just wondering why they were so drastically different...Like I said I don't know the USAG code very well, and am wanting to learn / know more about it as my girls move up through the levels...

Of course in Ontario like Quebec you get to choose the elements based of the set requirements. In the USAG routines it is clear that the two flight acro series is a RO BHS, nothing else.

Though I think the Ontario system is closer to the US one than our Quebec one, I do like the fact that we can choose the elements, to use an individuals strengths and play down any weaknesses.

It is closer I think from what I know....And I do like that we do get to choose what skills to put in or take out, as you say. How does the system differ in quebec? Is it similar to ours in Ontario? As you can tell I have been out of province for a long time....

The Quebec programme is quite different than the Ontario one, it is the system developed by gymnastics Canada and is used in all Provinces except Ontario.

We have five levels P1 - P5, P1 has required skills not elements, so it is more a compulsory level, P1 is not competed at a Provincial level only at regional meets. Levels P2 - P5 are competed provincially.

Ontario's L4 and L5 and L6 are covered by our level P2. There are required elements, but also many bonus skills that can be added. We also use the FIG scoring system not the 10. Ontario's L6 & L7 are covered by our P3 level with once more required skills and bonus skills.

I always find it very interesting aswell to compare the different requirements for levels in different countries. In Australia our level 4's make up their own floor routines and must do
- a round off, 2 cartwheels in a series, 2 180 degree split leaps in a series, a jump full turn, and full turn on 1 foot and 1 of the following - front walkover, back walkover, tic toc or backward roll to front support.

But then they have bonus skills aswell that the level 4's can add in to lift their start value. The level 4 bonus's include - round off back handspring, round off 3 back handsprings, round off back handspring back tuck, front handspring, front handspring front tuck, double turn on 1 foot, swicth split leap, back extention roll to handstand and a few others.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back