Overnight Adult gymnastics camps for disabled adults

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I would like to go to camp woodward. I know camp woodward has locations in Colorado,California,and Pennsylvania. The colorado Woodward has an adult overnight camp.The first week of Woodward at Copper summer camp will be geared towards adults, women, and competitive teams. There will be no counselors or Copper Mountain activities during Session # 1. Woodward at Copper is hosting week-long summer camps! Campers arrive on Sunday and depart the following Saturday. A typical day during summer camp will include skiing or riding at Copper’s summer version of the Catalyst terrain park in the morning, Barn sessions in the afternoon and evening, and many additional recreational activities including skate tours, rock climbing, rafting, music, hiking and more. Campers will live and eat at Copper’s Edge building, which is located right next to the slopes and minutes away from the Barn. See the Parent’s tab for additional information. Dates and prices listed below.
$1099 -- Day Camp rate.
Day Camp: Campers will engage in camp from 9am to 6pm, does not include lodging and morning and evening meals.
$1399 -- Overnight Camp rate.
Overnight Camp: Campers will stay in Copper’s EDGE building, close to The Woodward Barn and the on mountain terrain park. The EDGE includes a dining facility and common area for activities. Overnight Summer Camp rates are listed below and include overnight accommodations.

I don't think this camp would be the right camp for me and I don't think my mom would let me go because their would be no supervision and no counselors. I am not into rock climbing,skiing,or hiking. I would be interested in an adult camp for disabled people that had adult supervision and activities like arts and crafts, swimming and gymnastics.Gymnastics is my favorite sport. I would love to walk on the balance beam,jump on the trampoline, do tricks from the trampoline into the foam pit, swim in the swimming pool,jump off the diving boards. My mom would love for me to go to a camp like that so I could meet people.I would love to meet other adults that have disabilities. I really like the you tube videos of camp woodward and I would really like to go someday. I used to compete in special olympic gymnastics and I used to jump into the pit at Elite Gymnastics,jump on the trampoline, and walk on the balance beams. I am developmentally delayed so my motor skills are not as good as other adults. Although I was in regular classes in high school and I did go to a regular college.I am a slow learner.If this place can be accomidating to adults why don't they have programs for disabled children and adults. If anyone is a coach at Woodward please get the word out.

I want campwoodward to have a special olympics gymnastics camp for kids and adults that compete in special olympics gymnastics.I competed in special olympics gymnastics when I was a teenager taking gymnastics at Elite and I did very basic skills like walk on the balance beam,kick my leg on the balance beam,I did a simple jump dismount off the beam.I would also squat on the beam and I had to stay on the beam.Their are different levels of special olympics such as level 2 and level 3 but I was a level one.When I did my vault I didn't use the vaulting table or vaulting horse, I just jumped off the spring board and dismounted on a mat.Higher vault levels in special olympics use the vaulting horse.I was too overweight to do bars but I did a simple floor routine. Some gyms around the country have special olympics classes such as tumbleweed gymnastics in Texas,National Academy of Artistic gymnastics in Oregon offers special olympics gymnastics classes,Central Coast gymnastics center in California offers special olympics gymnastics classes.I can do a handstand underwater but cannot do one out of the water.I would like to learn how to do a handstand out of the water.I would also like to learn how to do a cartwheel,swim and do arts and crafts and other activities. I have found other camps for disabled adults but I am looking for one that you do a lot of gymnastics.I want to do front flips off the trampoline into Woodward foam pit.I think I need proffessional supervision. Any special olympic gymnastics coaches at this forum should contact camp woodward and suggest that they have summer special olympics gymnastics camp for adults and children gymnasts that compete in special olympics gymnastics.Here is Woodward address in Pennsylvania
134 Sports Camp Drive
Woodward Pa 16882

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back