WAG P&Gs 2017!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

amiandjim

Proud Parent
Hi all,

I thought I might start a thread to discuss this year's P&G National Championships. It's the first year in 3 years we aren't there live and I'm a little sad! Anyway, what are you looking forward to seeing?? Who are your favorites?? I will start!

1). I am looking forward to seeing little Lillian Lippeat compete in her first nationals!

2). I think Emma Malabayo will win for juniors and I'm guessing Ragan Smith for seniors...I wasn't a huge fan last year but she has improved!

3). I was sad to read Shilese Jones pulled out with an injury. I like her perseverance and I know her family has had struggles!

I'm excited for everyone! :D But for seniors I'm really looking forward to seeing Ragan Smith as I just LOVED her last year and I really hope this year is her time to shine.

For juniors I really want to see Maile O'Keefe and Adeline Kenlin. I remember years back when I watched them two on YouTube and kept hoping they'll become something big in gymnastics and here we are watching them compete at elite meets! :) I remember little Adeline's news story she shared on her yt channel and her determination to go to gym and work out despite her elbow injury at such a young age (she was 10 years old at the time if I remember right). And Maile's TOPS testing videos <3 she was so strong even back then! I might have to start binge watching Maile and Adeline's old training videos again. ;)

I also want to add, I find it funny that it says "Los Angeles" on the boards in the background. They're in Anaheim....which isn't even in LA county.
I went to school in Orange County and people would always say "you driving back down to LA?"

No. No I am not. If I were only going to LA I'd have a much shorter drive :p

notthatmom I have this discussion with non-Southern California people all the time! Disneyland is NOT in LA. Anaheim is NOT in LA. Knott's Berry Farm is NOT in LA. *rolls eyes*

That being said I'm most looking forward to the First Class ladies...Morgan for seniors and Love for juniors. I know Love had a ways to go before vying for a top spot, but she's a lovely gymnast!

I just watched Riley's beam from podium training and she appears to be holding back on her flexibility (switch leap is off and even her BHS looked a little off), hopefully not a hamstring injury and just nerves :-/ She's a beautiful gymnast to watch and I'd love to see her pull it all together (yes I know she won Jesolo...but she still counted a fall!)

Gah, I absolutely hated her old routine and this isn't much better to me. Her choreography makes me feel like I'm watching someone play at being a little kid. It's is just so very off putting. I know she's got a lot of fans, and I can see why, but she just rubs me the wrong way with performance.

Gah, I absolutely hated her old routine and this isn't much better to me. Her choreography makes me feel like I'm watching someone play at being a little kid. It's is just so very off putting. I know she's got a lot of fans, and I can see why, but she just rubs me the wrong way with performance.

I feel the same way. She is a strong and beautiful gymnast. These little girl floor routines don't do it for me.

I am hoping for a great performance from Jordan Chiles and Deanne Soza. They were two of my favorite juniors a few years back, but neither did well last year. Chiles looked great during training though.

I think Ragan looks much stronger and more confident this year. I was not a fan of her last routine so I think this one is a step in the right direction. I think she does it well. Would like to see more dance but you could say that of most of the gymnasts.

I feel like because she's such a teeny-tiny, they do her routines like that on purpose, so she gets that "cuteness factor" which is creepy at her age if you ask me. Her skills are awesome though, and I'm excited to see how she does this season!

I would love to watch it but I have never been able to open any attachments on my app! Anyone have this experience and know how I can get it resolved. It's not just his video it's all pics, videos, and links I attempt to open. It just closed the app completely [emoji22]

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back