WAG Pan am championships

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

It’s really not worth sending Simone to an international competition that close to worlds. She is obviously going to be on the world’s team and likely going to dominate there as well. I think they are giving the other girls a chance to prove themselves to help them decide who to take to worlds.

It’s really not worth sending Simone to an international competition that close to worlds. She is obviously going to be on the world’s team and likely going to dominate there as well. I think they are giving the other girls a chance to prove themselves to help them decide who to take to worlds.

That's what I thought too. Simone, Morgan and Riley are pretty much lock for the Worlds, so none of them are going. They need one more for the team and two more individuals, right? They chose the next 5 (or 6 counting an alternative) finishes from the US Champs. This meet should make the final Worlds decision easier (Hopefully. I know it's never easy to choose between so many amazing athletes!).

So who do you think will win? An American girl or someone else?
It depends who other countries send. Ellie Black at her best would easily beat this group of Americans. Brazilians like Flavia, Daniela Hypolito, Jade Barbosa and Rebecca Andrade could challenge them, too. Canadie Isabela Onyshko is close to them. Just not sure who is healthy or who will be competing. Other countries would have to send the same top gymnasts they are sending to Worlds to have a chance.

I think it will be a good meet to watch,, lots of strong gymnasts. Clearly the USA does not want to send it's strongest girls to two meets so close together. Worlds is far more important to them it seems.

So they did just fine without Simone and others. :rolleyes::)
Based on this meet, what are your thought on the Worlds team lineup?

Assuming Simone, Morgan and Riley take the first 3 spots, I think Jade should be #4. Even though she didn't compete AA, but she posted the highest vault and floor scores, and that's exactly what the team needs.
And maybe Grace and Triniti can go as independents? Not sure how exactly that works.

So they did just fine without Simone and others. :rolleyes::)
Based on this meet, what are your thought on the Worlds team lineup?

Assuming Simone, Morgan and Riley take the first 3 spots, I think Jade should be #4. Even though she didn't compete AA, but she posted the highest vault and floor scores, and that's exactly what the team needs.
And maybe Grace and Triniti can go as independents? Not sure how exactly that works.
You're confusing the format with the Olympics. If I remember correctly it's a 5 person team with four up three count in qualifications and three up three count in finals (but I'm not a hundred percent sure I'm remembering the numbers on that.) There are no individual spots at worlds like they're going to have at the Olympics, though.
I think Grace is making a great case for that fifth spot even if she doesn't necessarily have a single standout event. Trinity is a personal favorite of mine so I selfishly want her to go, but I think if anything she'll be an alternate once more. And there's still the chance Ragan or Emma could be healthy enough to go, so I guess we'll just have to wait and find out what happens at camp.

You're confusing the format with the Olympics. If I remember correctly it's a 5 person team with four up three count in qualifications and three up three count in finals (but I'm not a hundred percent sure I'm remembering the numbers on that.) There are no individual spots at worlds like they're going to have at the Olympics, though.
I think Grace is making a great case for that fifth spot even if she doesn't necessarily have a single standout event. Trinity is a personal favorite of mine so I selfishly want her to go, but I think if anything she'll be an alternate once more. And there's still the chance Ragan or Emma could be healthy enough to go, so I guess we'll just have to wait and find out what happens at camp.

Oh, OK, I thought the new rules will apply to the Worlds too, not just Olympics.
Yes, I agree that Grace is a good candidate for 5th spot.

On the men's side at least for this meet, my son's coach explained they tend to send the "up and comers" so they can get international experience.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back