Parents Parent Video Brag Thread.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

John

Proud Parent
After much thought and as a spinoff to What constitutes a braggy parent thread I decided to start a thread allowing us proud parents to post videos and watch videos of all these super hard-working athletes. I have already posted this video in the social forums so it is easier to post it here and start this thread. Please post anything that makes you proud including failures and other interests you wish to share.

Everyone, please remember that this thread is being created with only good intentions and as a location for like-minded individuals to share some of their lives. Please be nice or chose not to participate.

@wandrewsjr I am not sure what the appropriate response is to comments made in this thread should be. I will say she is 11, she can land her double consistently but can't continue the pass. She lives for big skills not so much the refinement or the dance. She will be happy to hear your kind words.

He is a kind upstart young coach. He occasionally asks if anyone would like to train on Sundays as he is working on his coaching skills as well.

They both look fab! I really enjoy watching them do their stuff, love this thread! I won't post a video, as it would (obviously) be identifying, but can I share a brag anyway? My dd landed a few tuck backs on beam the other day! Such a surprise as she'd never even done one on floor before that!! And managed to link her bwo bhs on beam in the same session!

Both videos were great. I dont have any videos to show (I have a "dumb phone" and havent take my camera to the gym in a while), but here are some brags from the last 2 weeks:
YG - Working hard on her ROBHSBT. She has decided to drop the ROBT. She is also working on FHSFT... so far, she can do EITHER the FHS OR the FT, lol. On beam, after YEARS of struggling, she has managed to hit a few Cartwheels on the crank beam at half height :) On bars, she is working the squat on again - been trying for 7 years... had it for 2 months last summer ... grew again, and lost it! She is working to get it back. She can often get 1 foot on, then stand up and make the jump!! And on vault, she is landing her 1/2-1/2.
Oh... and last 9 weeks, YG made HONOR ROLL for the first time EVER!

Other girls on team:
L3 that struggled all season, especially on bars... got her shoot thru and mill circle. On floor, she got her FHS and her ROBHSBHS. On beam, she is close to her Cartwheel.
Another L3 (started with practically NO bar skills) ... got her kip and her squat on. She also has a cartwheel on beam.
One of our L4 girls did a clear hip to 45º on her first ever attempt!
An Xcel Gold got her ROBT - a VERY high BT at that! She also got her kip and will be moving to Platinum after Y nationals.
One of our L5 girls got her beam BWO-BWO.

dd got her ro bhs bt today - yippee! She is sooo happy and proud of herself, it's so lovely to see. The rest of her group had it, but she just couldn't quite put it all together into one line, although she could do each bit separately. Such a relief as she needs it for her competition this autumn.

So, I have not really posted on my DD's gymnastics as the South African system is so different from the US, UK etc. In our club girls start at level 1 - you must be 6 on 1 Jan of the year you want to do level 1. We have 3 federation competitions a year. We are in Pretoria, Gauteng and our kids compete Gauteng North, Gauteng and the Zone Festival (kind of like regionals - the country is divided into 3 Zones). From level 4 they compete at the SA Gym Games instead of the Zones. This is the Level 3 floor. (hope the link works?!)

So, I have not really posted on my DD's gymnastics as the South African system is so different from the US, UK etc. In our club girls start at level 1 - you must be 6 on 1 Jan of the year you want to do level 1. We have 3 federation competitions a year. We are in Pretoria, Gauteng and our kids compete Gauteng North, Gauteng and the Zone Festival (kind of like regionals - the country is divided into 3 Zones). From level 4 they compete at the SA Gym Games instead of the Zones. This is the Level 3 floor. (hope the link works?!)

I like learning about different countries' systems. And that was a cute routine. :)

After much thought and as a spinoff to What constitutes a braggy parent thread I decided to start a thread allowing us proud parents to post videos and watch videos of all these super hard-working athletes. I have already posted this video in the social forums so it is easier to post it here and start this thread. Please post anything that makes you proud including failures and other interests you wish to share.

Everyone, please remember that this thread is being created with only good intentions and as a location for like-minded individuals to share some of their lives. Please be nice or chose not to participate.

Maybe start a closed social group with this name so we can feel more secure about to whom we are sharing videos with! LOL I wanted to share one, but would be more comfortable in a closed group setting.

This one is outside of my comfort zone...do you have permission of all the parents and kids at your gym to share this?
we do have a group media waiver signed at beginning of season.. but it's a valid concern given new safesport guidelines and I've asked the moderator to remove the video. thanks

Here is Lily's vault from the Auburn qualifier this past weekend. Her last event was vault, she needed to score at least a 12.7 to qualify. After her last qualifier (KPAC, where she had a bad fall on vault and scored a zero) we weren't sure what to expect. Not only was vault her last event but she was the last girl to go. She hates it when vault is last and hates it even more when she is the last to go on an event, she says she gets cold. And they only get one vault attempt at the elite qualifiers, so to say I was nervous would be an understatement!! She had her best vault yet, and scored an amazing 13.7. Still get goosebumps when I watch it.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back