Parents Parenting Crisis Here...

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Dunno, I double checked with DD about that person. DD clarified and said that she did "kick the beam" after DD fell the second time to "punish it". But no, did nothing otherwise. Want to be as clear and concise as possible here. :) I can only hope that perhaps she said something later??? Maybe?

Good luck with finding a new gym. I am very very sorry this happened to your DD. Team gymnastics does NOT have to be what you described in your original post. It can be...but definitely doesn't have to be and in my opinion should not be...especially for young children like your DD. We switched gyms a few months ago and I still find myself smiling daily when I see all the happy kids in the gym doing what they love. Keep us posted on what happens. I hope you find a gym where your DD can flourish. Absolutely DO NOT worry about her level right now. Worry about keeping up her love for the sport and getting rid of some of those fears that have developed due to the old coach.

Well...

DD will be working out with "New Gym A" early this week already! I am thrilled, and spoke to the coach directly. This gym has some relationship to our current gym, so I was very honest without being too harsh either. I am very excited and hope DD enjoys her first class. If so, we may make it official.

I am still going to check out a couple of other gyms, to be sure we're making the right choice, but I was so thrilled that this coach called me on a Saturday, from her cell phone, and was willing to spend 20 minutes speaking with me.

If we choose this gym, DD will be late to class until we figure out her schooling situation (also somewhat up in the air with our move). But I still think it may be a good fit so far.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back