Parents Parents at the meet

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymmom826

Proud Parent
The parents were so loud at this last meet! They were screaming right in my ear! They were acting like they were in a huge stadium, but it was a small venue..I can understand being enthusiastic for your gymmie, but have some consideration. We were on bleachers and this woman had her knee in my back and her foot where I was sitting, instead of placing it directly below her! I could not believe how rude they were to their own children! When their dd got an award, the parent screamed "watch your round off next time"...she kept saying to her friend "a four year old can do a better round off"...ugh...that's my vent...

Sorry you dealt with such rudeness. It is sad that some people have no perspective on a kids activity. It's also sad that some people have no care for the people around them.

As for the one that might have been joking, you never know how that originated. If you hear me talk to my son, I say three things, "Have fun, I love you and don't be a weenie." Doesn't sound so great right? But he asked me to do it. There are skills that he said he was not making because he wasn't going for them, he was being a weenie. His words. I joked about howI should remind him not to do that and he asked me to actually do that. He's so silly, he's also totally gotten past it with those skills, but I think I he likes it now.

last year we did a meet in new jersey. we were in the meet with the host gym and a couple of those moms were crazy. certifiable. they were all but on the floor yelling while their kids did their floor routine. it's to those girl's credit that they even got through their floor, never mind doing it beautifully (they really were pretty floor routines). i don't know if it was the "jersey shore" in them or if they were just crazy. but it was ghetto crazy. like look at them the wrong way and you would get cussed at type of crazy. ;)

last year we did a meet in new jersey. we were in the meet with the host gym and a couple of those moms were crazy. certifiable. they were all but on the floor yelling while their kids did their floor routine. it's to those girl's credit that they even got through their floor, never mind doing it beautifully (they really were pretty floor routines). i don't know if it was the "jersey shore" in them or if they were just crazy. but it was ghetto crazy. like look at them the wrong way and you would get cussed at type of crazy. ;)
New Jersey....The Garden (Variety Crazy) State

There are a couple of gyms where the parents are beyond crazy rude. And this season we have a meet at one of the gyms. We are not going, won't give that gym a penny of my money.

Ugh, there is always that "one team" that SCREAMS like we're at a stadium.

Hey team parents from that team, if you're on here... please note: everyone else hates you because you are annoying and disrespectful to the venue and other competing athletes.

Sincerely,

Someone with ears

I lived three blocks from New Jersey for half of my life. My pizza shop was in New Jersey. My best friends live in New Jersey. I commuted the NJ Transit lines for years. I'm sure none of that matters to you so go tell New Jersey on me.
mine was a joke b/c i think the ppl on the show jersey show are off the wall nuts! and i think these 2 moms would have fit well on that show.

seriously, i have never seen anything like it. we were right by floor and i was waiting for those moms to climb over the rope and go out on the floor with their kids. i felt bad for the kids but they didn't miss a beat and scored very well on floor so they must be used to it.

i know many ppl from NJ and they are quite lovely but every state has some Jersey Shore ppl living in it. and a lot of them are the crazy parents on the sidelines of their kid's sports.

I lived three blocks from New Jersey for half of my life. My pizza shop was in New Jersey. My best friends live in New Jersey. I commuted the NJ Transit lines for years. I'm sure none of that matters to you so go tell New Jersey on me.
i lived in delaware so i was on the other side of jersey. all i knew was that part of NJ and the part near NYC. imagine how shocked i was when i went to visit a friend's parents who live in central NJ and saw how gorgeous it was. oh my word! all i'd ever seen was the ugly bits. lol

i lived in delaware so i was on the other side of jersey. all i knew was that part of NJ and the part near NYC. imagine how shocked i was when i went to visit a friend's parents who live in central NJ and saw how gorgeous it was. oh my word! all i'd ever seen was the ugly bits. lol
Yes, there are some gorgeous parts of New Jersey.

Ugh, there is always that "one team" that SCREAMS like we're at a stadium.

Hey team parents from that team, if you're on here... please note: everyone else hates you because you are annoying and disrespectful to the venue and other competing athletes.

Sincerely,

Someone with ears
I went to a meet for the first time and there were some teams cheering loudly for their teammates. Maybe because I didn't know anyone competing at the meet it didn't bother me at all, I actually thought it was kind of nice. Is that what you were referring to? There were some other teams that didn't even watch their teammates and didn't seem to care. That actually bothered me more.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back