Off Topic Parents...How did you name your kids?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

JBS

ChalkBucket Founder
Staff member
Gold Membership
Coach
Proud Parent
How did you name your kid(s)?

Here's ours:

Maggie Mae

Layla

Last edited:
Oooh--this sounds fun!!

Here are mine:

Danica

I loved the idea that the name was different and pretty and loved the show "The Wonder Years" and Kevin and Winnie:

winnie.jpg

mckellar_bookcover_large.jpg

Julian

We loved the Beatles and just liked the name:

john-julian2.jpg

Julian%20Lennon%20Now%20You%27re%20In%20Heaven.jpg

Last edited:
My mum and dad went down the highly imaginative route of grandparents and saints. :rolleyes:.

Do you know there are ten James, five Laurens and seven Johns in my year at school? And there are like three people who dont share a name with anyone else, except hardly anyone gets called their proper names so it doesn't actually matter.

Well, we weren't as clever as y'all.

Anastasia Lenore - because my wife is Russian, we wanted her heritage to carry over to our U.S. born children, and we both like the name. The short version of the name is of course "Nastia".

FWIW: The proper - and truely Russian - Pronunciation of this name is: Anna-Staa-SEE-YA.
We just accept the U.S. bastardization of "ANA-STAY-SIA".

"Lenore" (Nastia's middle name) was chosen to honor one of my best friends.

We did help name a friends (an author of novels and fiction) new puppies. "Barnes and Noble". :)

Last edited:
My girls are:

Kyla; I work at a childrens dentist office for years and I absolutely loved the name from the first time I heard it

Paige: my husband named her i wanted Olivia and he loved the name paige after the charachter Nicollette Sheridan played on Knotts landing. It fits her well. She however is not evil and despetive like the knotts landing charachter. Thank goodness lol

Ah, my parents named us rather randomly I'm afraid. My little sister was expected to be a boy so it was going to be John Andrew (a reverse of my dad's name) but alas, she was a girl. So they had to settle with Tiffany Rose :D

My name was chosen after...dare I admit it, Avril Lavigne. But to be orignal they added an L to the end. Elaine is from a movie, I think...not sure which.

Wow, I am so not creative!

Ashley- My husband and I HATED the list of names that the other loved. We disagreed right up to when she was born and had a 14 hour labor to hash it out finally. Ashley was our compromise name lol.

Richard-Named after my father in law. I know it's common to name after grandparents, but I really liked the idea because I knew he'd love it. It was our only chance to, because we are SO done having kids! Plus, my husband and his dad joke about it a lot now. It started with when he sent us an amazing amazing amazing huge flat screen tv last Christmas, and one of the lines in the card jokingly said 'Aren't you glad you named my only grandson after me?! The last time we went to lunch with him he said 'Well, we were going to go to McDonalds...but since I have a Richard I suppose we could go somewhere that doesn't have a drive-thru. Random and silly nonsense, but it's funny.

Not much imagination here either

Christopher - he was SUPPOSE to be a girl and would have been Madison (yes from the movie Splash) but had to come up with something on the spot after he was born.

Alexandra - never could agree. Husband wanted Alexis (that name always makes me think of Joan Collins from Dynasty...Yikes!) I liked McKenzie but DH did not. At the hospital we finally agreed on Alexandra but we call her Alex

Ryan - No real reason except I liked the name. His middle name is Benecio which is my husbands middle name to.

Well my parent DEFINETLY had a imagination when it came to naming my siblings and I.

My brothers name is Amad- it's a biblical name- this is not the Muslim version. His middle name is Rajan- that's a Spanish name and my parents just like that.

My first name is Brianna- my parents like the name and I was named after my dad.
My middle name is Denali- yes like the mountian- they liked the meaning{ it means most high one.}.

My sisters{ she a half sister.} is Ashley Laquilla Monae- her mom liked all those names.

my son Francisco Robert was named after my husband Francisco and my dad Robert.

My daughter Isabel Patricia - I've always loved the old names and especially Isabel so first DD was going to be Isabel. second name Patricia was named after my cousin who was killed in a car accident at 17yo She and I were like sisters as we were the 2 cousins that didn't have any sisters. She would have been the god mother.

Oooh--this sounds fun!!

Here are mine:

Danica

I loved the idea that the name was different and pretty and loved the show "The Wonder Years" and Kevin and Winnie:

winnie.jpg

mckellar_bookcover_large.jpg

Julian

We loved the Beatles and just liked the name:

john-julian2.jpg

Julian%20Lennon%20Now%20You%27re%20In%20Heaven.jpg

I should add that Danica's full name is Danica Johanna. Johanna was my mothers name, and I wanted her German heritage carried onto our dd. Some of my family have coined the nickname, "Dani Jo" for her.

Julian's full name is Julian Jesse-Louis, Jesse coming from my fathers name and Louis coming from my husbands grandfathers name.

We named our son Justin. Back when I was 14 years old I went to Stony Brook Gymnastics Camp and there was a 12 year old gymnast named Justy ( real name Justine) that could do double backs on floor. She was amazing. I decided at that young age that when I became a Mom I would name my daughter Justine or my son Justin. Either way the nickname Justy was perfect.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back