WAG peach jam - uneven bars

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

it's "jamb", like door/window jamb. it means to jamb it in to vertical sides. in this case, the 2 vertical sides are the arms. it's not "jam" like jelly.

it's been called "jamb to invert" by every country since the 50's. i did them in the 60's! :) and i have the shoulder grinding to prove it.

finally, the inside stalder. that's a jamb also. it's called inside jamb cause the legs are inside the arms just like the forward one from the reverse grip. and of course, a regular stalder finds the legs outside the arms.

Thankyou LemonLime and Dunno. :)

My daughter made a special request of her coach that when I arrived last night to pick her up, she did one to show me, which I videoed, meaning I can give a hopefully useful description! In the video, she's extremely tiny - way off in the distance - and therefore very hard to actually see, and there are other children around, so I am not inclined to post it publicly.

She started standing with her feet well behind the low bar, with hands on the bar in a forward grip. She launched herself forward and swung up into an inverted pike between her arms - ie legs were on top, bottom forward, head at the back. She swung "upside down" like that for a bit, then dismounted through her arms in a backwards somersault (ie feet first) motion, with her feet landing behind the bar, about where she had started off.

Dunno's suggestion of "jamb to invert" would be an excellent way of describing what she did, I feel. And the explanation of why it is called a Jamb is excellent thanks, and makes a lot of sense!

LemonLime, as you suggested for such skills, she does have extremely flexible shoulders, which is why the HC is getting her going on these sorts of skills. What Chanen did in the video is very much like the movement my daughter made. However, Chanen continued in the same direction through her arms, whereas my daughter changed directions several times (swinging in that position), and finished off moving in the opposite direction than what she started.

Thank you to you all for your input. Much appreciated. :) I've learnt a bit about bars, which can only be useful as it is apparently going to be my daughter's "event", if the HC has his way!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back