WAG Peeling off bars

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

morgancw

Gymnast
I just started Xcel Gold and I’ve been using my ginnasta double buckles since... so about 2-3 months. I continuously peel off the bar when going back in my tap swing. It’s super scary and it happens everytime. My coach says it’s because I don’t regrip but I know I do. Also, my grips tend to bend at the fingers when doing a kip and I always have to fix them while on the bar and I always have to slide then back down on my wrist no matter how tight they are. My pointer and my pinky both don’t grip the bar either as the grip is in the way. Should I get skinnier grips and a smaller size? I’m terrified of tap swings now. It happens without grips as well.

Yes, if it truly is your grips, then they sound like they're not sized correctly.

My daughter uses the ginnasta narrows and likes them very much.

But if her coach said she was peeling because she wasn't regripping, I'd assume that was what was happening. Any way you can get video of your tap swings so you can see your regrip/lack of for yourself?

Oh, I missed that part! Yep, it's definitely your technique then. If you are 100% certain you're regripping, then something else is wrong. A video could be really helpful.

Hi, thank you all for the help. We figured out my hands are too small for the regular sized grips so we purchased the more narrow width grip from Gibson... problem fixed. Thank you guys!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back