People getting annoyed with random gymnastics!

• Thread starter gymnast4ever_123
  • Start date

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

G

gymnast4ever_123

I always get these random urges to do gymnastics! My friends get soo annoyed with me when I'm at school I just do cartwheels down the halls and when we are outside I do round - off BHS all the time! Does anyone else do this, or am I just as crazy as my friends say I am?

Also... Am I the only one who writes about GYMNATICS 24/7 in there papers at school. (ex: if we have to write a paper giving directions to someone I give them about GYMNASTICS! ):confused::)

Almost everything I do involves gymnastics! It used to annoy my friends last year, because almost all I would talk about was gymnastics! But now I realize how annoying that can be to people who really don't understand/care about gymnastics. But I sound just like you, so dont worry!

Sometimes but most of the time not... BTW. i am on the computer at school.. and i'm not sposed to be :O

That happens to me all the time too! Especially when I'm at someone elses gymnastics meet. It's so hard to just sit there and watch, because I want to just jump the rope and start tumbling or something! I know what you mean!

Of course all gymnasts are itching to do gymnastics all the time, but I usually try to keep it under control at school. I may have done a few RO BHS in gym class now and then, but in school I kept my feet on the ground, and it's also pretty normal to be able to relate everything to gymnastics- I wrote lots of papers and scholarship essays based off of gymnastics experiences, and a couple weeks ago when I had an interview for an internship most of my answers were gym related too... :) but this is not necessarily a bad thing. Yes, my english teacher senior year did tell me at one point that I wasn't allowed to write anymore papers about gymnastics, but when I finished my interview the interviewer told me that the gymnastics examples were actually very good because they were unique answers that made me stand out.

I am sorry to tell you that you have COGS, or Completely Obsessive Gymnast Syndrome! Don't worry, this is only contagious from the sport. The symptoms include random flipping, always talking about gymnastics, and being confused when others don't know what you are talking about. I am a proud carrier :) I'm pretty sure most of us are :D

-Lauren

haha yes! i have COGS too! =] but i try to refrain because my friends hate it, but its not like they dont do it with soccer and basketball, and softball. I think almost everyone suffers from sports syndrome

My daughter eats, sleeps, and breathes gymnastics...just like you! But her coach has warned her not to do any gymnastics at school. Keep it in the gym...you wouldn't want to hurt yourself at school or anywhere else just goofing around! So be careful!!

I talk to my friends occasionally about gymnastics, but not too much because I am one of those people who is always afraid of boring the person I am talking to. I also have a friend who does competitive dance who talks about it all the time and bores all of our friends to death because we can't relate to what she's talking about.

Completely Obsessive Gymnast Syndrome? Yup, that is definitely me! Any thing I do at school, like papers: gymnastics. Random tumbling in open spaces or hallways? Check. All the websites I go on are gym related, and so on. My friends are actually pretty good about it though. :)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back