Don't Lurk... We've Got Answers!

New For 2022
MEMBERS ONLY Parent Group!
Join for FREE!
Status
Not open for further replies.

FifiMum

Mar 14, 2022
Does anyone have a great visual resource that shows the skills for young gymnasts? I don't know many of the correct names of the things my son does in his class and 'that was a fantastic spinny -jumpy- flippy thing you did tonight over that box thingy and well done on burling round the bars ' is drawing disparaging looks from my offspring .. Thanks.

LucyRobinson

Gymnast
Feb 27, 2022
'that was a fantastic spinny -jumpy- flippy thing you did tonight over that box thingy'
Hehe! A lot of my relatives (besides my mom who was a gymnast) have a heck of a time trying to figure out what skills are called. I tried to explain what a Yurchenko was the other day...:rolleyes:

I would look on Youtube. Have your son tell you the name of the skill and type it in to the search bar. I think you'll find some things.

gymgal

Gold Membership
Proud Parent
Aug 22, 2008
Several years ago Revolution gymnastics used to have an animated video library for all the basic skills but I just looked and can't find it. Maybe someone know of a similar one?

Reactions: FifiMum

mom2newgymnast

Proud Parent
Jul 8, 2014
I like this site. It’s not just for beginner skills and it might not have some of the very beginner ones, but it does include a lot. Also I think it follows the elite code, so some of the values might be different for DP. But still worth checking out I think.

Reactions: FifiMum
Status
Not open for further replies.