WAG Piking double layout dismount!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Flipomaniak

Gymnast
So I'm working double lay out off bars and its not working so well. They look like open double pikes and my form is nice and all but it's not layed out! How can I open up my hips? I'm like in an over hollow... Please help! Thanks!

the tap swing for a double lay is delayed and later compared to that of other dismounts. do you know how to practice the timing/taps from a basic hang and dropping to your back off the bar?

Do flyaways but open out to an arch- they have to be open and flighted but mainly arched. This helps me, and also when I do them I try to press my hips forward to create an arch.

the tap swing for a double lay is delayed and later compared to that of other dismounts. do you know how to practice the timing/taps from a basic hang and dropping to your back off the bar?

Do you mean pressing your hips a little farther through the bottom of the swing before releasing the hip press and converting into a turn over action?

watch Bridget Sloan's dismount http://youtu.be/4Sv-HSc-j00. you hold the hollow/slight pike past the bottom, then open/stretch downward then lift the feet/hips then open again. she does it perfectly. and this is the "slingshot" technique and most often used.

the drill is simple. you hang on the bar. no swing. then you do 3 beat taps. on the third and when when the feet come forward, you peel and drop to your back. and preferably on to a soft mat or a mat on loose foam.

watch Bridget Sloan's dismount Bridget Sloan finishes 4th on Uneven Bars - from Universal Sports - YouTube. you hold the hollow/slight pike past the bottom, then open/stretch downward then lift the feet/hips then open again. she does it perfectly. and this is the "slingshot" technique and most often used.

the drill is simple. you hang on the bar. no swing. then you do 3 beat taps. on the third and when when the feet come forward, you peel and drop to your back. and preferably on to a soft mat or a mat on loose foam.

Thanks, that's a great video.

OT but I can't resist. Bridget did a DLO on the way to winning the All Around at NCAA's this weekend. So happy for her. Team finals are tonight.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back