Placed at State!!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

B

bribri514

Hey everyone! I know it's been about a month since our state meet for L 5 but I haven't been online much since it went right into finals season for me. (I always turn off my facebook and other things so I can study and focus!)

Anyway my niece did awesome at state! I'm so proud of her for her first year of competition. She got a 37.325 AA score and placed 9th!!! And... :drumroll: She won vault!!!! It's so funny she used to hate vault but then over Christmas we were all at home at my mom's and she was watching some of my mom's old VHSs of my meets (vault was my best event) and she decided she liked it all the sudden.

She's moving up to L 6 and has started training for it. We're definitely going to stay with our gym through next season since she loves it so much, it's really a little family. It reminds me a lot of my small rec district gym which I love. We might have to move for optionals if that's the path she choses but that's in the future, not now.

Just had to share with everyone! And a belated congrats to everyone's DDs and athletes for finishing another great season. Good luck with summer training and camps and everything else!

Congrats to your niece! Sounds like she got talent from her aunt. I'm sure you supporting her and mentoring her is a big factor in her success. That is a great AA...she must be over the moon still. Now on to level 6.

Fab news Bri, that is a huge AA score for 9th AA. Yay to the State Champ title.

Off topic, I went to St Anne de lacs yesterday, beautiful place.

Great job! Lol my Dd felt the same about vault L5 and by states got the hang of it and came in 2nd lol. Hope she has a fantastic L 6 season :)

Congrats to your niece! That's a great score, and I'm sure very well deserved, especially considering this is just her first year competing. If I'm remembering what state your niece is in, she had quite a hike to the state meet! I hope she was able to enjoy the trip, those first "distance" meets have a special feel to them. I hope she's having fun as she moves along to level 6, sounds like you found a great gym for her.

Thanks everyone!! It's so great to have a supportive community here on CB. You're all right, we really did find a great gym for her. Sure there's no elites or big optional program, we didn't have a small country show up to states with us and there aren't some of those other bells and whistles that big gyms come from (like rhinestone warm ups lol). But she's found a great program to foster her self confidence and growth as an athlete and person and I couldn't be happier.

She's so funny, she was really happy to have done well but she was more excited to move up to level 6 than for winning a state title her first year of competing! She's definitely one of those always looking ahead people. Letting her work on a new skill is way more of a reward than any tangible treat can be, crazy girl.

Molly, our state meet was about 4 1/2 hours away driving. We had three L 5 girls from our team come so we stayed in a hotel together. It was the first time my niece has had a chance to do anything like that so she thought it was a blast. I don't think there was a meet more than 3 hours away for her this year, something I was never used to. The closest meets ever were really was about 2 hours away when I was growing up!

It's so great to hear an update on your neice. I'm glad she's doing so well and that you two can continue to bond over your shared love of the sport.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back