WAG Plano/Dallas Gymnastic Options ... Moving Soon

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I have read all the post on gyms in the Plano and Dallas area. Thanks for all the great info. We have picked five gyms to look at and wanted to get insights from anyone who is or was at the gyms in Level 8 or higher. They are Texas Dreams, WOGA, Metroplex, Zenith, and Elite Champions. It is just hard to find info about them on coaching styles, tryout requirements, etc ... Thanks in advance!!!

I agree with Dunno and AGM78910. Are you making a trip out there before you move? If so, can you go in observe and/or have your DD try/try out at each? Sitting in the parents' area, you may be able to get a feel for the atmosphere, coaching, whether you think it will be a good fit for your DD, etc. Maybe some parents from some of these gyms are on here and will also reply to you. Best of luck. The good thing about TX is you have a lot of gymnastics options. :)

I went to high school and college in Texas and lived in the Dallas area for many of those years. One thing to consider is that the Dallas metroplex area is SO spread out. It is a huge massive place, basically the definition of urban sprawl.

I love Texas Dreams, for instance, but they are way out there near the airport, which, depending on what area you're in, might be quite a drive. I regularly used to commute at least 30 minutes just to get to the other end of my suburb (I lived in Richardson). With so many great gyms in the area you really might want to prioritize location.

If I was you, I would start with narrowing it down to the 3 that are closest to you. Then go to all three of the gyms for a trial class and decide from there. You don't want to have to drive forever, but you shouldn't just choose based on the gym that is closest to you.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back