WAG Platinum beam requirements

jsch12

Gymnast
Jan 16, 2021
Country
USA
Hi, this is my first year as an xcel platinum gymnast, and i am confused about the requirements. can someone please tell he my routine meets the platinum beam requirements?
- scissors mount
- full turn
- cw cw connection
- twiddle jump split jump
- front tuck dismount

Carly

Proud Parent
Jan 3, 2016
Country
USA
If your split jump is not consistently 180, you might want to consider changing to a cartwheel/roundoff series to get the B skill.

Sk8ermaiden

Proud Parent
May 6, 2013
Country
USA
Honestly if she could do a round off, I wouldn't put it in series. Just do a round off and add a straight jump or something for that last A skill.

My daughter also had a press mount, which is a B, and I think a jump 3/4 is a B.

Carly

Proud Parent
Jan 3, 2016
Country
USA
Honestly if she could do a round off, I wouldn't put it in series. Just do a round off and add a straight jump or something for that last A skill.

My daughter also had a press mount, which is a B, and I think a jump 3/4 is a B.
I agree. For some reason my dd does CW/RO series so I was just thinking about that.

The RO does not need to be in a series. It's either one acro skill with flight or an acro series with/without flight.

I also think that a jump 3/4 is a B and so is a tuck jump 1/2. I would confirm with your coach just to be sure.

Megamom

Proud Parent
Apr 29, 2021
Country
USA
Hi, this is my first year as an xcel platinum gymnast, and i am confused about the requirements. can someone please tell he my routine meets the platinum beam requirements?
- scissors mount
- full turn
- cw cw connection
- twiddle jump split jump
- front tuck dismount
Platinum minimum requirements are the same as JO level 6 basically. I believe (not 100% certain) platinum requirements include a minimum of at least 6 A valued skills and at least one B valued skill including the mount and dismount

1) at least an A valued mount. Yours would qualify.
2) full turn
3) acro connection with or without flight, CW CW should meet this.
4) split jump or leap with 150* split
5) your front tuck dismount is also an A valued skill which is fine at this level.
6) at least one B valued skill. I believe your split jump can fulfill this requirement.

You can look these up more specifically in other places too. Good luck!