WAG Platinum beam requirements

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

jsch12

Gymnast
Hi, this is my first year as an xcel platinum gymnast, and i am confused about the requirements. can someone please tell he my routine meets the platinum beam requirements?
- scissors mount
- full turn
- cw cw connection
- twiddle jump split jump
- front tuck dismount

If your split jump is not consistently 180, you might want to consider changing to a cartwheel/roundoff series to get the B skill.

Honestly if she could do a round off, I wouldn't put it in series. Just do a round off and add a straight jump or something for that last A skill.

My daughter also had a press mount, which is a B, and I think a jump 3/4 is a B.

Honestly if she could do a round off, I wouldn't put it in series. Just do a round off and add a straight jump or something for that last A skill.

My daughter also had a press mount, which is a B, and I think a jump 3/4 is a B.
I agree. For some reason my dd does CW/RO series so I was just thinking about that.

The RO does not need to be in a series. It's either one acro skill with flight or an acro series with/without flight.

I also think that a jump 3/4 is a B and so is a tuck jump 1/2. I would confirm with your coach just to be sure.

Hi, this is my first year as an xcel platinum gymnast, and i am confused about the requirements. can someone please tell he my routine meets the platinum beam requirements?
- scissors mount
- full turn
- cw cw connection
- twiddle jump split jump
- front tuck dismount
Platinum minimum requirements are the same as JO level 6 basically. I believe (not 100% certain) platinum requirements include a minimum of at least 6 A valued skills and at least one B valued skill including the mount and dismount

1) at least an A valued mount. Yours would qualify.
2) full turn
3) acro connection with or without flight, CW CW should meet this.
4) split jump or leap with 150* split
5) your front tuck dismount is also an A valued skill which is fine at this level.
6) at least one B valued skill. I believe your split jump can fulfill this requirement.

You can look these up more specifically in other places too. Good luck!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back