Parents Please help me get through this week!!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

OMG now the coach is telling her friends, you HAVE to get Kelsey!! So I told her to tell her friend, to tell the coach, the only way it will happen is if they make the practices right after school and she has to be done by 5:15!!!

The coach shouldn't be doing that. She obviously didn't go to tryouts. I think that kids really do need some downtime and that as parents it is our job to make sure they have it.

I also agree that sometimes doing something you love, means not getting to something you just "like" to do. It is part of life. I would love to be able to do lots of things, but my choices in life, my priorities, don't allow me to do everything. It is part of life. Gotta learn that while you are young or you will never be happy and always be trying to "do it all" and be stressed.

Well it's over...not too much drama on Kelsey's part (because she knows I don't put up with that) but her friends were driving me nuts and even some of the moms said "i can't believe you did that (to the team)." In the end, some of her friends made it onto the squad and some didn't...and still others CHOSE not to. She will live. And so will I ,lol. Thanks for all your support!.

Oh my gosh, I can't believe moms were giving you a hard time as well? It is your family and you choose how much you want or don't want YOUR kid to do. Wow. That seems like a bit much for the school team. LOL. Glad you made it through the week. Hope you make it through the season. Because you know that if they lose it will be your fault for not letting your daughter cheer, you mean mom you. ;)

Because you know that if they lose it will be your fault for not letting your daughter cheer, you mean mom you. ;)

Don't think K hasn't already said THAT to me! She knows they want/need her for her tumbling skills, which is what these other moms say/think too. And this is precisely the reason why I didn't want her to do it...because cheer tumbling is not "safe" - they don't have the spring floor, they don't have experienced coaches, heck, I don't even know that at the town level any of these coaches need to be safety certified!!

Glad the week is over and you both survived!!!!

I agree with you on the safety factor, if she is planning to compete gymnastics it's better to save the flips for the gym.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back