Please help my daughter with her roundoff! (Video)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

not a problem, but then you should not allow parents to ask questions if coaches (I am a very smart coach by the way, teaching gymnastics in high levels since years !) should not answer ! Sure it should be learned in a gym but we are talking about a round off aka Rondat, and not a backhandspring ...just saying ....

not a problem, but then you should not allow parents to ask questions if coaches (I am a very smart coach by the way, teaching gymnastics in high levels since years !) should not answer ! Sure it should be learned in a gym but we are talking about a round off aka Rondat, and not a backhandspring ...just saying ....

I know you are a coach, but then you should know that a great round off is the basis of great back tumbling. MOst parents can not tell a great round off from an okay round off. The shapes of the body and placements of hands are so important.

Parents can ask what they want, but then coaches can tell them not to coach at home. I was talking to you as a member, not the admin though.

My question to that if your child is doing it no matter what.( And we all know our kids can't stop cartwheeling etc around the place) wouldn't it better if a parent could say something basic to them to make sure they are doing it right instead of it being wrong. To me I would rather my child be doing it right instead of going around and doing it wrong.

I know they shouldn't be doing it at home but they do.

I know you are a coach, but then you should know that a great round off is the basis of great back tumbling. MOst parents can not tell a great round off from an okay round off. The shapes of the body and placements of hands are so important.

Parents can ask what they want, but then coaches can tell them not to coach at home. I was talking to you as a member, not the admin though.

My question to that if your child is doing it no matter what.( And we all know our kids can't stop cartwheeling etc around the place) wouldn't it better if a parent could say something basic to them to make sure they are doing it right instead of it being wrong. To me I would rather my child be doing it right instead of going around and doing it wrong.

I know they shouldn't be doing it at home but they do.

Sure, they're going to do it at home (and at the park and on the playground and anywhere there's room), but unless you know you're right, it's probably best not to offer corrections. There are some skills that DD has wanted to work on improving at home, and I've generally gotten tips from the coaches about what conditioning contributes to that skill so she can do that at home. Having DD work press to handstands or something like that on a mat doesn't require me to know a whole lot and it seems to go a long way towards her improving whatever it was she wanted to work on.

As a parent, if I told them No "X", there better be none of that or there would be problems.

I'm thinking I'm just gonna make my kids do burpees one day or else. It's a nice idea, anyways.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back