Off Topic Please help!!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Ok so if you have seen my other posts you would probs know that I have recently switched gyms. Can’t join mid season so going to start at summer training. In the meantime I was gonna do privates and t and t for tumbling. Tumbling didn’t have my level so I was going to do a high school gym prep class since the high school season is about to start. When my mom was doing through the parent portal she couldn’t. for Backstory a few weeks ago she thought she had been charged twice for open gym so her card company said to file a chargeback. turns out the second payment for for next weeks open gym. Honest mistake. on the phone today they said they disable her account because the charge back her the buisness. They said she should have gone to them first, which in my opinion she should have. One hundred percent honest mistake, my mom is really “pissed” in her words right now. I am freaking out while binge eating comfort pizza because this means I can’t join team. Ever. At all. PLEASE PLEASE HELP ME I WANT TO BE ON TEAM WITH EVERY BEING IN ME.

If this is public school being on team should be no cost. Where are you located? In our state gymnastics is a winter sport. Our states were last week and the season is done. My daughter does HS gym. We register through the portal the cost is zero.

not sure how some strangers on the internet could help you…..unless it’s ‘emotional support’, and in that case- in the while your family sorts things out, just be hopeful and don’t have a mental breakdown, which I am assuming you having right now. I’m sure the pizza helps, though.

If this is public school being on team should be no cost. Where are you located? In our state gymnastics is a winter sport. Our states were last week and the season is done. My daughter does HS gym. We register through the portal the cost is zero.
Hi, I am in NY also. A few gyms around here do high school classes as part of their rec offerings, for girls who do HS but aren't part of a club team. I think that's what she means. Also, just FYI our HS season in Suffolk county Long Island is fall, not winter. The other Long Island county has gym as a winter sport. We have counties in November then wait for States in March. Guess it's different throughout the state.

To the OP, hope everything works out for you!

Also, just FYI our HS season in Suffolk county Long Island is fall, not winter. The other Long Island county has gym as a winter sport. We have counties in November then wait for States in March. Guess it's different throughout the state.

To the OP, hope everything works out for you!
Interesting. I didn’t realize changing the season was an option. And no where in NY is the season about to start. So how does the Suffolk section team practice to prepare for States?

They have team practices. So all the girls that made states from Suffolk will practice at one of the HS gyms.
So they just keep practicing through the winter season? What happens if a kid then does another sport during the winter?

No, it's modified. But closer to states they ramp it up again. The kids who make states around here are all on club, so they are getting lots of practice in anyway. It's smack in the middle of meet season.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back