DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

JBS

ChalkBucket Founder
Staff member
Gold Membership
Coach
Proud Parent
All groups in the old "Groups" area need to be moved to the new "Social Groups (New)" area ASAP. The old Groups will be shut down at the end of this week.

Groups need to be re-created in the new area...all threads in the old area will be lost.

new-social-groups.png

So how will that work for the private groups? Will we need to send invites out to all of the current members or have them re-apply for admission? Or can we transfer them somehow?

So how will that work for the private groups? Will we need to send invites out to all of the current members or have them re-apply for admission? Or can we transfer them somehow?

You can send invites or have them re-apply. There is no way to transfer them automatically.

If you open the old member list in one tab and the new invite window in another tab...it shouldn't take too long to invite them.

Trying to go back into the new optional L6/L7 group. Bajan's wife has it set up but I don't see where I can ask for permission to join.

Trying to go back into the new optional L6/L7 group. Bajan's wife has it set up but I don't see where I can ask for permission to join.

That group is setup as "invite only"...you must PM @Bajanswife to ask for an invite.

Last edited:
I am confused. I have 2 members pending approval but there is no way to approve them. They also already show up on the members list, as though they were actually members (rather than pending approval).

OK, I put it back to "open" - I didn't know I'd have to actually invite people!

OK...the button will appear now.

You have one member to approve.

groups1.png

To approve a member...click on "Awaiting Approval" to go to the member page. This page shows all the groups members...both "approved" and "un-approved" members. This mean you have to find the member in the list to approve them.

Approve them by clicking "edit" next to their name and then checking the "member" box. If you would like to make them a "moderator" of your group...you can do that to.

If you save them without the "member" box checked...it will remove them from the group and they will have to join again...or you will have to invite them.

groups2.png

Just a reminder to everyone...please transfer your groups to the new area. I will be removing the old groups tab tonight. I will leave the old groups area accessible through the URL for a couple of weeks...but the tab will be gone. Here is the URL...

http://www.chalkbucket.com/forums/xfa-groups-home/

I am having trouble getting to the groups in the iOS app...it takes me to the website. Is this what is supposed to happen?

I am having trouble getting to the groups in the iOS app...it takes me to the website. Is this what is supposed to happen?

Yes...groups are not available in the app. They work fine in our mobile style though. Just log in once the app kicks you to your mobile browser and you should be able to see them.

I need help. I am so completely confused about what I need to be doing- I am a group mod. Thanks!
Creating a new group is easy. Just go to "Social Groups" and then "Create new social forum." The hard part is that you can't transfer your group membership from your old group to your new group. Use JBS's link above to access your old group and make a note of all of the members of the group. Then you should be able to click on "Social Group Members" and a window will come up "invite new members." You'll have to send an invite to all of your old members so that they can rejoin.

OK- I moved my group name and then see that someone created a similar group (which is fine by me) making my old group unnecessary. I couldn't devote the time to it I used to and am happy someone wants to moderate a similar group instead. So- can you please DELETE the Level 5 Trainers and Competers group. Thanks!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back