Please read, especially the gymnasts group.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I have noticed more and more tween/teen msn speak going on lately and it is driving me nuts.

You all know that this is a board for the 13 and up crowd and therefore we have created rules that need to be followed regarding that. Posts need to be grammatically correct, with good spelling and punctuation.

This is not working for me.

OMG peeeps, write me!!!!!!!!!! don't U luv gym???????? :0 its the best

Also remember that your signature is not to be filled with avatars or funky little emoticons. It uses up too much bandwidth and costs us too much money.

Respect the Chatbox rules too.

Please try to pay more attention to this or I will have to get tough, and that can be ugly!

Last edited:
Wait, so we aren't allowed to have smileys in our signatures?

Your imitation of txt speak gave me a good laugh!

The smileys are fine, it's the ones with animation that do us in. You know like the emoticon sdoing beam, bars and floor!

U mean no 1 lIkz 2 rED my kewl txt slang??? evry1 hEr sux!!!!! it iz so much mo fun 2 typ DIS way. NEway, i gueS i hav 2 typ n eng now.

Just kidding. LOL. I have a friend on Facebook that is a teacher and in her 30s that always types like this and it drives me NUTS. She isn't as bad as my example, but always uses stuff like 2 instead of to, NE for any, UR for your, etc. I don't get it?? I don't even like to read her comments or posts because it bugs me so much.

Am i allowed to have multiple puctuation?
Ex:
Really??
Yay!!!!!!!!!!!
So...

I do those sometimes, so I hope so. Hard to get emotions through and I like to show my excitement with extra !!!s and my confusion with some extra ? marks. LOL.

I think we all enjoy a few extra !!!'s now and again, shows our excitement or, like Mariposa sid, curiosity.

Just go for sentences, not random lines full of nothing. MSN will always be there for those non chats like

Hey!!!!

Whassup?????

Nothing.....

i'm gud

I have copied and pasted the rules here as there seems to be a bit of confusion with some members. The rules have been in place for a long time I am just reminding the younger crowd as there are many newbies who are just learning the ropes.

Welcome to The Chalk Bucket. Thank you for your interest in one of the largest and fastest growing gymnastics communities on the internet.

Internet Safety

The Chalk Bucket in a public website. All information posted on the site is viewable by anyone in the world that has access to the internet. Please think twice before you post. If you are posting something that you wouldn't want your friends/teammates/coaches/students/parents/children to read, DON'T POST IT!

We encourage you to keep personal information personal. Personal information is "Any piece of information which can potentially be used to uniquely identify, contact, or locate a single person." This includes, but is not limited to: name, address, phone number, and email. If you must give out such information, please do so privately.

Also, please do not ask fellow members to share their personal information with you. If it is something that they feel like doing, they will.

General Rules

1. Membership at The Chalk Bucket is restricted to ages 13 and older.
  2. All discussion should remain appropriate for anyone. The Chalk Bucket staff has final say on what is and is not appropriate. Any material that is obscene, vulgar, sexually-oriented, hateful, threatening, or illegal is NOT appropriate.
  3. All content must be in English. Please try to use proper grammar, punctuation, and structure when possible. AIM or text messaging shorthand is NOT allowed.
  4. While debating and discussion is fine, we will not tolerate rudeness, insulting posts, personal attacks or purposeless inflammatory posts.
  5. Please refrain from posting meaningless threads, one word (or short) non-sense posts, or the such. If you would just like to say "Thank You"...use the "Thank You" button.
  6. Advertising/spamming is not allowed. This includes using the forum email and private message system to spam other members. If you would like to advertise on the site, please see our advertising page.
  7. Copyrighted material cannot be posted without consent of the owner.
  8. Multiple or repeated posting in order to increase your post count is not allowed.
  9. Each member is allowed one account. Registering with multiple accounts is not allowed.
  10. Each account can only be connected to one person. Sharing accounts is not allowed.
Signatures

1. 3 lines normal size and up to 90 characters per line.
  2. Images are not allowed in signatures unless you join the CB Booster Club.
  3. Links in signatures are fine as long as you are a contributing member. Links must be to sites with appropriate content.

1. Avatars must be appropriate for the site.
  2. Max avatar size for regular members is 80px by 80px.
  3. Animated avatars are not allowed.
Although the administrators and moderators of "The Chalk Bucket" will attempt to keep all objectionable messages off this forum, it is impossible for us to review all messages. All messages express the views of the author, the owners and moderators of "The Chalk Bucket" will NOT be held responsible for the content of any message.

By agreeing to these rules, you warrant that you will not post any messages that are obscene, vulgar, sexually-oriented, hateful, threatening, or otherwise violative of any laws.

The owners and moderators of "The Chalk Bucket" reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any thread, at any time, for any reason.

U mean no 1 lIkz 2 rED my kewl txt slang??? evry1 hEr sux!!!!! it iz so much mo fun 2 typ DIS way. NEway, i gueS i hav 2 typ n eng now.

Just kidding. LOL. I have a friend on Facebook that is a teacher and in her 30s that always types like this and it drives me NUTS. She isn't as bad as my example, but always uses stuff like 2 instead of to, NE for any, UR for your, etc. I don't get it?? I don't even like to read her comments or posts because it bugs me so much.

You're too funny Mariposa...I had to read that THREE times and still not sure I got it right! Guess I am just too old and too text challenged! I am guilty of being a little lazy and using the letter R instead of writting out "are" and also using letter B instead of "be".

I used an online translator. LOL. Can you believe they have that? ;) Just trying to be silly and make someone laugh and I did it. Mission accomplished.

Blackie, it said "You mean no one likes to read my cool text slang? Everyone here sucks. It is so much more fun to type this way. Anyway, I guess I have to type in English now."

I do use R and U sometimes when texting someone really quick, but most of the time I type things out. I really don't like to see it anywhere but on a phone. Even in IM, I write in regular English.

Oh my son talks like that when he texts me--drives me batty! He has a full QWERTY keyboard too--type normal words!!

As you see in the rules, one word posts are not allowed.

What would the point be of a post that says just "HEY!"?

A post is a response or a question.

Wait! so i am not allowed to type Hey?
Guess so long it doesn't spell like "hA"

Please don't ban me. I promise to write in plain, proper English and use appropriate punctuation, except when I am very excited or puzzled and I might throw in some extra exclamation and/or question marks. ;)
Why are you pleading with me? It was Bog that you're teasing and she is the one with the power.
duck.gif

Last edited:
Something else I'd like to add:

Please make your thread titles descriptive. "NEED HELP PLEASE READ" does not tell us what you need help with, and the people who actually may be able to help you probably will be LESS likely to help than they would be if you actually said what you need help with. I, for one, generally don't even bother clicking a thread if I can't tell from the title what it's about, and I suspect the same is true of many other members.

Last edited:

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back