Parents Please send extra fairies this way!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymmonkeymomma

Proud Parent
Some of you may remember my post from a few weeks ago, Little Monkey fractured her right foot at the 5th metatarsal. She was in a boot for 3 weeks, had to miss Sand Dollar and Parkettes meets. She was quite upset over not being able to compete, even though we did travel with the team.

She was given the green light to start easing back into training yesterday. She had been doing conditioning, strength, stretching and bars during the weeks that should could not tumble. The Ortho said she could try jumping on it this week, but Head Coach wants to wait another week. She was not happy when he told her that. When she got hurt, HC rearranged the meet schedule so that she would not be pressured to be ready for the Sectional on Feb 19th and her teammate (there are only 2 level 8's) won't have to compete alone. How awesome is he? :D:D:D So, if all goes well, DD's next meet will be the sectional on March 11th.

So if you all have extra fairies floating around that you don't need, please send them this way for the next few weeks as Little Monkey gets ready to start competing again! Thank you :)

Sounds like a fabulous coach! That's awesome. I hope she heals nicely and gets right back into things soon with no more problems at all!

Agreed -- your coach is great! I'm sure your girl is frustrated, but hopefully the recovery will be quick, complete, and uneventful.

Thank you for all the good thoughts - they must have worked!

Just wanted to give a quick update: DD is 4 weeks out of the boot, as of today. Her coaches have been phenomenal in having her take things very very slowly. Finally, yesterday, she was able to do ALL of her routines and flip her tsuk (tucked). It was the first day that she got to do everything. Beam is pretty solid. Bars is coming along, almost back to where it was. Floor (never her strong event) continues to be a work in progress, lol. Her whip pass is much better than what it was a week ago, and she is able to get through the entire routine without being winded. Afterwards, coach reminded her to go home and ice the foot even though she said it felt fine, just because she really worked it yesterday. Her Sectional is in 8 days. This will be her first meet since Jan 7th. She will do the tuck tsuk and hopefully, by States, be ready to go back to the pike.

It sounds like she is doing great and the slow and steady come back was the right thing for her. I am sure she will do great at sectionals!

I am glad to hear that she is all healed up and ready to go!!! Good luck to her at the sectional :)

PS: what great coaches she has :)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back