Podium Training tonight!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Oh my, that means it's on from 1:30 am-5:30 am for me...:eek:

I stopped doing night shifts a long time ago!

I hope you can still watch, Bogwoppit! :eek:ptimist:

See y'all later. I'd better get a good solid nap in today....:zzz:

Yeah-I'm don't think I'm allowed! Lol. That would be me pulling an all-nighter. I had a bit of a blonde moment in my first post-Thursday at 1:30am comes before the rest of Thursday, not Friday like I had figured. :rolleyes: Shows how tired I was. I could possibly make it...if I slept from 9-12:30, then stayed up, and then slept more until I coached at 5:30pm. It's probably not so worth it, as I see many late nights in my future during the Olympics.

Oh my, that means it's on from 1:30 am-5:30 am for me...:eek:

I stopped doing night shifts a long time ago!

I hope you can still watch, Bogwoppit! :eek:ptimist:

See y'all later. I'd better get a good solid nap in today....:zzz:

You are in the same time zone as me, so it should be on at 10pm, it is the same NBC website. This training was not on the NBC yesterday, it was announced this am.

Ok, I see it now. The Romanians and Chinese practice at 10 pm ET, and the US Women practice at 1:30 am, ET. I still will need to be up late!

How do I watch it online? Do I just go to the site and register? I was playing around the site just now and registered but don't see where you can watch anything. I am computer challenged!

Right on the front NBCOlympics main page, there is a beautiful picture of one of the chinese gymnasts and it says "LIVE NOW womens gymnastics training" click right on the picture, it opens a new window. You may be prompted to DL the new Microsoft video player. It told me I had to restart my browser after I installed it, but all I did was hit F5 to refresh the page. I did not have to register to watch.

Chinese women are practicing floor right now!

Someone should tell them, though, putting too much makeup on the younger ones doesn't make them look older it reinforces them not looking remotely 16!

~Katy

Last edited:
GOT IT! Thanks! Wow, China does look solid...until they got to the vault. What was up with that? The one tall girl looks a little stiff & awkward too. But what I love about the USA girls...they SMILE! As a mom, if my DD were in the Olympics I would want to know that she is having the time of her life doing something she spent her whole life working for.

Romania did not seem to get too much air time. Loved their handmade grips, did anyone else catch that? They looked a little emotional too.

Loved the overhead cam of the bars...way cool! Can't wait to see that in the Olympics. I love this pre-veiw stuff. More more more!

OK, I'll talk to myself here since I guess I am the only one still up...am I the only one who can see the apprehension in the eyes of the China team girls at the vault. I just wanna cry for some of them. I am making my prediction that this is the event USA is much stronger on. WOW!

They're going back to romania every so often, it's tough with it live they're missing something no matter what they show. Vault is certainly not a strength for poor china, especially this one girl.

~Katy

GOT IT! Thanks! Wow, China does look solid...until they got to the vault. What was up with that? The one tall girl looks a little stiff & awkward too. But what I love about the USA girls...they SMILE! As a mom, if my DD were in the Olympics I would want to know that she is having the time of her life doing something she spent her whole life working for.

Romania did not seem to get too much air time. Loved their handmade grips, did anyone else catch that? They looked a little emotional too.

Loved the overhead cam of the bars...way cool! Can't wait to see that in the Olympics. I love this pre-veiw stuff. More more more!

I guess my feeling for these Chinese gals is,...Pity.

They look amazing, beautiful, awesome, etc. But, are they there b/c they WANT to be? Are they happy? Do they ever get to see their families? Are they afraid for their well-being if they dont' do well?

At least for gymnasts in non-communist countries, we can (hopefully) say that they are doing this crazy sport b/c they love it, and they are free to stop whenever they choose, right?

That beats any amount of talent from any 'forced' athlete, in my book.

OK, off my soapbox now, :soapbox: to go watch s'more!

OK, I'll talk to myself here since I guess I am the only one still up...am I the only one who can see the apprehension in the eyes of the China team girls at the vault. I just wanna cry for some of them. I am making my prediction that this is the event USA is much stronger on. WOW!
You are not the only one up! I'm here too, it just takes me too long to type & correct!! :)

Hah! I just saw the Chinese have handmade grips too, did you see? Wow, I think I know a way to save some money!! :)

Who saw the girl with the video camera? Haha, thats something I would do:)

I'm up too, the feed worked great. Buffering a bit. I spent most of today working it out, I have no life, my hub thinks I'm nuts, kids think I don't love them!:D

I was in chat on GGMB, those people are wicked funny, not for the faint of heart though.

I might as well go to bed it wont let me see it. It keeps asking for my zipcode which it says isnt valid Arg!! tell that to the post office :mad:

I wonder how Bog got around it?

For those who are outside USA:

1) Download this software:
AnchorFree
2) Install it
3) Open it and click in 'connect'
4) Then, It will start NBC and you can choose what do you wanna watch
5) It will ask for a zip code (you can use this: 10013) and tv (you can use 'Directv')

US residents just try the zip code above (don't do the whole fix as that is for us foreigners!) , if that doesn't work try 23323 & cox cable

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back