Podium Training tonight!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I used to be on GGMB, I miss it but now I can't get back on. I was on it YEARS ago so my registration of course wasn't carried around with the tons of switches since then.

I'm glad there's time before USA, I need to soak in a nice warm back my leg hurts.

I didn't get asked my zip code when I went to watch the podium training... maybe it's cause I chose one when I went a few days ago to check the schedule. But I didn't register so it must just have a cookie in my browser or something!

By the way wouldn't this discussion work much faster in the chat?

~Katy

It retains your zip etc once you have registered. Even with the anchorfree fix, once you are in it is all good.

Now I just have to decide whether to stay up for the US girls or watch the archives tomorrow.

I'll be up for the USA! China was done by 11:30 and that started at 10, so USA should be done around 3. That's a good hour and a half before I got to bed last night! LOL

~Katy

Thanks Bog it took it !!! :highfive:

Now are they showing anything? All I found was the podium pictures from the Chinese

Glad I could help, it took me ages today, felt old and useless for a while and then it worked, woooo hooooo.:D

Nothing on right now, it'll be back at about 12.45 ish.

Okay I just watched the archived video of romania and china. Okay with purple eyeshadow they look 10 yrs old. And yep they looked really uncomfortable on vault and looked happy to get to bars. Hopefully we can pick up lots of points on vault from them in the team finals

Oops I was a bit out before, my math has gone to sleep, the next podium training starts at 1:30am, I am now feeling even older and my pillow is calling my name. At least there are the archives.

So far the American ladies look very ready & upbeat! They don't even look that nervous. Everyone's putting in solid routines. Chellsie has done bars only so far, but they have beam left to go. The video stopped, for some reason, and says 'buffering'...

I am so psyched to see them compete, they are going to ROCK! :cool:

Women's Podium Training

Well, it seems that Chellsie Memmel only did bars. She looked a little hesitant on her ankle on her first landing, but was solid on the second landing. I was surprised not to see her on beam. She was helping switch the springboards when they vaulted, so it didn't see her ankle was that bad. Maybe they are just saving her on bars because with Alicia not competing, they really need her.

I definitely didn't stay up! I thought about it, but I hit the sack at around 9, and was so dead tired I didn't wake up til 7am (on the late side for me!).

Am I the only one who thinks it's a bit unfair that Chellsie is only going to do bars, but still compete as an Omympian?

I do love her, she is so great, and has battled so much to come this far, but I dunno...

I am not going to be popular w/ you all for saying this, but I think it's a bit selfish of her to keep her spot. Is she so crazed about competing in the Olympics that she is not thinkning of the rest of her team, or the alternates?

Maybe I just feel this way b/c Jana did not make the team...she always does well in International competition, and she is ready, and can do all the events...I now she ain't very popular on these boards, but Geeze...

Or, if you don't like the thought of Jana in there, let's give Ivana a chance.

I guess it IS all about that Gold Team medal in the minds of the 'higher-ups' @ USAG...I mean, that is why they exist, to further the sport on the world platform...

I personally like the Hamm bro's example. How's that for not selfish?! I am crushed about them, but life DOES go on, and DOES exist, outside of these games...

Don't all shoot me at once! :worried:

Am I the only one who thinks it's a bit unfair that Chellsie is only going to do bars, but still compete as an Omympian?

I do love her, she is so great, and has battled so much to come this far, but I dunno...

I am not going to be popular w/ you all for saying this, but I think it's a bit selfish of her to keep her spot. Is she so crazed about competing in the Olympics that she is not thinkning of the rest of her team, or the alternates?

Maybe I just feel this way b/c Jana did not make the team...she always does well in International competition, and she is ready, and can do all the events...I now she ain't very popular on these boards, but Geeze...

Or, if you don't like the thought of Jana in there, let's give Ivana a chance.

I guess it IS all about that Gold Team medal in the minds of the 'higher-ups' @ USAG...I mean, that is why they exist, to further the sport on the world platform...

I personally like the Hamm bro's example. How's that for not selfish?! I am crushed about them, but life DOES go on, and DOES exist, outside of these games...

Don't all shoot me at once! :worried:

I won't shoot you - I must say I agree.

I won't shoot you either, I felt the same way about the mens team. I didn't think Paul should have been given a spot that premature being injured. But, in the end I felt he did the right thing for the team. Now I am not sure about the "hows" & "whys" of picking a team, but maybe because the men have 6 events vs. the woman only doing 4? And, maybe her bars alone are better (or more consistant) then the other 2 alternates. I tend to agree with you though...I would rather see a gymnast at 100% at all 4 events, than to see one good one injured for just one. That seems like a whole lot of pressure & risk. Maybe as her ankle heals they will add her to the rest of the rotations.

OK, I did not stay up! I couldn't even finish watching the China/Romania video. I just watched some of it (USA) now though. The USA looks great. They looked like they were having fun and very supportive of each other too. I loved how they cheer each other on especially on bars.

The comments w/the video guy were weird though...and the constant COLD STARES from Bela watching in the stands...what the heck was that all about?

When my DD watches this she is gonna want one of those pretty pink leos!

Thanks for not shooing me!

Yeah, I get that her bar routine is a very valuable asset to the team. She did look great on bars during training...not an easy call, I realize this.

USA Womens Podium Training

Just a quick update of USA women's podium training- basically lineups and a few notes (yes I watched it at 1:30 am- crazy I know!)
Fx
Peszek- fell on dbl arabain- looked a liitle shaky but had nice dance and a great turn
Sloan- hit
Sacramone- OOB on 2 1/2 front lay pass, and on dbl pike- she was going HARD for all tumbing- she'll have to control landings more
Luikin-stayed in on all passes w/ pretty good control! Dance gorgeous!
Johnson- SHORT landing on front twisting pass, then did another routine, and fell on the same pass, did the pass alone again and made it. She looks VERY nervous!
VT
Luikin- stuck 11/2
Slaon- nice- step
Peszek- doesnt finish 2nd twist before it lands, so sloppy landing
Johnson- looked a little uptight- but made 2 1/2 w/ one step forward
Sacramone- had a little trouble on the 1st Rudi but did a better 2nd one. Dbl twist was nice.

They only did one or two timers and one vault..... they were done here quickly. Memmel is sitting on sidelines cheering/ helping move boards.

BA
Peszek- nice- looked more confident here!
Sloan- hit pretty good handstands except for the toe shoot before the shootover- she was very short on that one
Memmel- nice, still foot form problems but did the dismount so the ankle must be better
Luikin- excellent- absolutely stunning- full routine dismount must not have been that bad b/c I dont remember it! The did a 2nd 1/2 routine and the dismount was great!

BM
Peszek- hit- looks great and MUCH more confident than the 1st rotation!
Sloan- fell on series, stuck dbl pike dismount
Sac- connected front pike mount to back tuck, step on dbl pike dismount- good
Luikin- beautiful,big wobble on side somi, stuck 2 1/2. did another routine, bigger wobble on side somi, then did side somi alone and stuck it. I like how she does it on straight legs- w/ no deep sqaut on landing- but that is a tough skill to stick w/ out any knee bend!
Shawn- great series and standing full, a couple little checks, nice full in
Still looks VERY nervous

They look very good! Lots of tape but no one showed any obvious signs of injury- limping, etc.

NBC.com kept showing Bela watching the girls instead of full sets! :mad:Who cares! LOL! Maybe thats why I missed Nastia's dismount!

They need a 5th good bar score and cHellsie is it- much more consistent than Jana w/ a little better form. It is the right decision.

How do I watch the archived stuff on NBC? I can't find any....

all i see is the womens podium training thing..but it says i have to watch it at 1:30am or whatever, but i thought that was last night (actually this morning:p).

I'm from canada and installed the IP blocker so i can watch them even though I'm not from the US.

Please help me! I'm clueless. :D

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back